v4.13 old profiles from v4.12 are wiped on startup

widden

Posted · v4.13 old profiles from v4.12 are wiped on startup

I've upgraded to 4.13.  In the process my profiles were deleted (uninstalled the old version) - I thought; not a biggie I keep a local backup (of the folder quality_changes).

But now I'm copying these files into the quality_changes folder, cura empties the folder on program startup.

Weird.  So how can I get my profiles back? 

Please tell me there is a way?  I mean no sane person would build a program where an upgrade means user profiles are garbage...right?

Uuh. Copying them there should do the trick yeah.

Could you share your log files?

Also: Cura has an automatic built in (online) backup functionality. You can find that under extensions.

Posted (edited) · v4.13 old profiles from v4.12 are wiped on startup

Hi, thanks for looking into this.

The stderr and stdout are empty in the cura folder, so I'll not bother.

Attaching the

cura/4.13/cura.log

I've just done a copy files in and restart right before (and the files are gone again) .

Is there anything else you might need?

cura.log

Edited by widden

It is removing the profiles that you copy as it's deeming them to be incorrect. Profiles always come in pairs and according to the log it just finds a whole slew of profiles that don't (and are thus removed since they won't work)

So could you share the profiles that you are putting in that folder?

Posted (edited) · v4.13 old profiles from v4.12 are wiped on startup

Here's a couple, they aren't all important, mostly incremental changes, but I'd like to be able to keep the last 10 or so to be able to go back if I find that the latest is terminally ill.

I did not copy *all* of them back into the live folder, either - maybe I should do that?

Btw also, looking at the whole thing with this 'pairs' in mind; could it be that I should order by date and copy a large bunch instead of cherry picking?

Yeah I think in light of what you wrote, I'll test these later.

cura profiles.zip

Edited by widden

Yeah, ok - so they do come in pairs, and hence copying just some of the files does not work.

When I've copied the whole shebang, it worked.   My fault was that I thought I can just copy a few and it'll work.

Thanks, mystery solved.

• Like 1