Will not go pass preparing to print screen Heating up

qmaker

Posted · Will not go pass preparing to print screen Heating up

Hi guys, I have an older Ultimaker 2. Just printed with it fine yesterday. Today I went to start another print. I selected the file, It moved the head to the front. Screen says preparing to print, heating up... but just sits there. If I go to tune, I can see that the temp is not changing on the bed or at the nozzle.

If I change the settings in tune, the temp will increase properly, but it will not continue to setup and load the print. 

Any help, ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

First guess - while looking at the symptoms:

Check the material setting on the printer. Sounds like there's no material selected - or the stored settings are broken?

Thanks I just went and tried changing that Reset it to the normal PLA setting. Then tried custom settings that I had setup. Same thing. I noticed that the build plate isn't heating even if I go into tune and try to adjust the temp there. If I adjust the nozzle temp it seems to work. Baffling, I have never done it because I wasn't sure what it would reset exactly, but I am thinking of selecting the reset to factory defaults to see if that will do something.

I unplugged it completely for about 5 minutes and restarted it just to make sure there wasn't some glitch or bug, but still the same.  

I guess I shouldn't be too surprised. I have used this old printer for more hours than I expected it would make it.

Ultiscreen.png

Ok, so after resetting factory settings, unplugging, restarting everything, removing and installing new filament. It did the same thing. Just hung on the same screen. I went to tune and adjusted the temp to 210, the nozzle heated to 210, checked the bed temp. It was calling for 60 but was not heating. I dropped the temp to below the ambient temp that it was at and returned to the print. Print began.

SO now I am realizing that the Bed is not heating, which is why it is hanging. 

I checked the wiring to see if there was any obvious signs of problems and wiggled the wires a bit just to see if it made anything change while I was asking the bed to heat. No change.  

Any ideas?  

THanks,
    Q