Material Stuck at End of Printing

jcosta690

Posted · Material Stuck at End of Printing

Hi all,

So contantly when I am printing with Nylon (specifically Colorfabbs PA NEeat), all goes well and printing is OK. But at the end, when the material is supposed to rewind back to storage, it gets stuck in the print core, the extruder motor grinds down material and end up having an error. The machine then displays an error message, which I believe heats up the print core, I am then able to pull it out by removing the bowden tube, and then it forwards material to the point where it has the grinding and asks user to cut it.

Even though the machine is helpful in solving the issue, problem occurs every time at the end of a production. So everytime I lose about a meter of filament!!

Is there any way to solve this? As I understand, its just a matter of maintining a certain temperature during this "finalize" procedure so that it can successfully rewind back the material.

I would appreciate any tips to solve this.

Some data: S5 Pro Bundle, latest Cura version 4.13.1, 285ºC Print Core1, Dried Material

Thanks

JDC

The deprime process needs to be tuned per material, because the tipshape must be such that it can be reliably unloaded. 

Every Ultimaker material and most 3rd party materials in the Marketplace have a material profile that has the right settings for depriming. 

Does your material have a material profile from the Market place? Is this material profile flagged as suited for use with the Material Station?

Your mileage with generic profiles may vary.

Deprime is the process of unloading the material from the print core. This is critical because the tipshape determines the reliability of unloading and a future loading cycle. 
    I advise to only use materials which have a material profile available in the market place, and please note that compatibility with the Material Station is one of the mentioned properties. 
    Next to Ultimaker Nylon, there are currently 29 Nylons available which are marked compatible with the Material Station.