"Print with OctoPrint" doesn't work on first try, works after trying two or three times

Galgofrit

Posted · "Print with OctoPrint" doesn't work on first try, works after trying two or three times

Ever since I got my printer and set up OctoPrint with Cura, it has been this way - 

I click "Print with OctoPrint", it seems to do nothing (although it does upload the file correctly to OctoPrint, as visible on the web interface) - 

A subsequent second or third click successfully starts the print.

I'm asking here (in case anyone knows), but I'm not entirely sure if it's a Cura issue or an OctoPrint/OctoPi issue.

Any ideas?

Posted · "Print with OctoPrint" doesn't work on first try, works after trying two or three times
    2 minutes ago, Galgofrit said:

I'm asking here (in case anyone knows), but I'm not entirely sure if it's a Cura issue or an OctoPrint/OctoPi issue.

It is neither. It is an issue with the OctoPrint Connection plugin for Cura, which I am the creator of.

This bug has been reported before, here: https://github.com/fieldOfView/Cura-OctoPrintPlugin/issues/233

What plugins do you have installed in OctoPrint?

• Like 2

Posted (edited) · "Print with OctoPrint" doesn't work on first try, works after trying two or three times

Oh, great, thanks for the response!

These are the ones I'm running:

• Bed Visualizer
    • Enclosure Plugin
    • Exclude Region
    • FileManager
    • Firmware Check
    • Navbar Temperature Plugin
    • Preheat Button
    • Printer Dialogs
    • Printer Notifications
    • Telegram
    • Themeify
    • TouchUI
    • Virtual Printer

(edit: at least based on the plugin list on the web UI... if you want any log LMK)

Edited by Galgofrit

Yes, it seems to solve it completely (gave it multiple tries as well in case it's something racy) - so I guess it's indeed caused by a plugin.

I can do a binary search and start disabling things, but before I do, is there any specific ones that seem like likely suspects?

From your earlier list, I don't see an obvious problematic plugin. I have not tested with any of them (apart from Virtual Printer, which is a bundled plugin). I am very interested to know which plugin turns out to cause this issue.

Okay, I'll start disabling things and let you know if I have any conclusions. Thanks for the tips!

Oh man, the list above wasn't the full list - I guess it was only the ones with configuration, since I took them from the side bar...

The actual one that broke it seems to be Auto Select, which, based on the issue on GitHub, is something I assume you're familiar with - so I guess I wasted your time, sorry about that! At least I'm glad to have it solved and have everything working.

On a side note, appreciate your work (and your willingness to help!) 

Posted (edited) · "Print with OctoPrint" doesn't work on first try, works after trying two or three times
    25 minutes ago, Galgofrit said:

The actual one that broke it seems to be Auto Select, which, based on the issue on GitHub, is something I assume you're familiar with

Thanks for letting me know anyway. I never got confirmation in that issue that Auto Select was the culprit.

Edited by ahoeben