Silver Nub in Feeder Tube (S3)

kblackAPS

Posted · Silver Nub in Feeder Tube (S3)

Hi, 

Total 3d printing newbie here. We have an Ultimaker S3 at work that I've been asked to set up. Everything was going fine until I was doing my initial feed of the black PVA. It was incredibly hard to get it into the feeder tube. When I finally got it in, I noticed there was a silver nub in the tube. I haven't done the initial feed out of fear that this is going to block the machine or harm it in some way. Is this just a bit of test material that got stuck in the tube?

Any help would be appreciated. Pic attached.

PXL_20220322_161943949.jpg

Posted · Silver Nub in Feeder Tube (S3)

Yeah get that out.  Remove the bowden at the top of the print head. 

1)  remove the clip shaped like a horse shoe.

2) push down on the outer ring (the collet) and then lift hard on the bowden while still pressing down on the collet.  It helps to use a tool such as needle nose pliers to push down on the collet.

Slide the filament all the way through until that gray filament "nub" falls out of the tube (there's a lever on the feeder if you haven't noticed it yet.  Turn the lever all the way out so that you can just slide filament in and out of the feeder easily by hand - make sure to close the lever back against the feeder when done).

3) reinsert bowden - making sure it really seems to be all the way in (sometimes it hangs up on something and you can try different angles until you are sure it won't go in any more)

4) reinsert clip

• Like 1