Tuning extruder to remove artifacts

Posted · Tuning extruder to remove artifacts

Hello all,

I am relatively new to tuning 3d printers and despite researching possible fixes to my problem I have been unable to fix it.

When printing on my Flashforge Dreamer, a direct driver dual extruding printer, I haver been experiencing inconsistent extrusion in my prints and can pin point the cause. Attached is a photos showing the extrusion that I am experiencing, this was a bed leveling print that was a bit too close but the outside edge shows the artifact that I am trying to fix. This extrudsion also happens through the rest of the print but the outside shows it the best.

Modification that I have made to my printer that I have made are: adding a glass bed, switching out the hot end, all metal hot end, switching to a stainless steel nozzle. However, all these changes were made before the inconstant extrusion began to occur.

I have also flashed the firmware to marlin form Flashforge's original firmware. The inconstant extrusion started after this change so I am pretty sure that this is the cause I just do not what setting would cause this. I also have the original "human word" marlin for the printer, the mother board doesn't seem to be in the marlin library, however I haven't gotten the marlin writer that is in Visual Studio Code tool to compile the marlin script yet.

Also attached is a project file for the bed level print as I have seen them being useful for other troubleshooting that I may have missed

BedLevelPart.jpg

flashforge bed level test.3MF

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies