Tuning extruder to remove artifacts

Posted · Tuning extruder to remove artifacts

Hello all,

I am relatively new to tuning 3d printers and despite researching possible fixes to my problem I have been unable to fix it.

When printing on my Flashforge Dreamer, a direct driver dual extruding printer, I haver been experiencing inconsistent extrusion in my prints and can pin point the cause. Attached is a photos showing the extrusion that I am experiencing, this was a bed leveling print that was a bit too close but the outside edge shows the artifact that I am trying to fix. This extrudsion also happens through the rest of the print but the outside shows it the best.

Modification that I have made to my printer that I have made are: adding a glass bed, switching out the hot end, all metal hot end, switching to a stainless steel nozzle. However, all these changes were made before the inconstant extrusion began to occur.

I have also flashed the firmware to marlin form Flashforge's original firmware. The inconstant extrusion started after this change so I am pretty sure that this is the cause I just do not what setting would cause this. I also have the original "human word" marlin for the printer, the mother board doesn't seem to be in the marlin library, however I haven't gotten the marlin writer that is in Visual Studio Code tool to compile the marlin script yet.

Also attached is a project file for the bed level print as I have seen them being useful for other troubleshooting that I may have missed

BedLevelPart.jpg

flashforge bed level test.3MF