4.8.0 Manual

smedway

Posted · 4.8.0 Manual

That's all there is.  You just click on each of the links one at a time and read what it says.  If you read all those links you will be more of an expert than most users.  Ultimaker doesn't make tiny changes to the manual because a font was changed or an obscure bug was fixed so it doesn't matter much which version of cura you are using.

Most people don't use manuals anymore for software.  You just read everything on the screen and experiment.  It's hard to motivate people to write manuals that only one in 10,000 people read.

Do you have a more specific question about Cura 4.8?

There are also lots of youtube videos that people make about cura and specific cura features.

There are also release notes for each version of Cura if you want to see what changed in each version.

Posted (edited) · 4.8.0 Manual

The interface icons are different and there is no information on the icons I have vs the new version. They are not the same at all. There is no reference to them and it is kinda important. Saying upgrade upgrade is fine for people who can. I cannot.

Screenshot (74).png

interface-overview.jpg

Edited by smedway

Posted · 4.8.0 Manual

The icons may have changed but the functions didn't.  That toolbar on the left (13) has the Move tool at the top and then Scale, Rotate, Mirror, Per Model Settings, and the Support Blocker tool is on the bottom.

12 is the box where you can change the project name.

11 is the View toolbar.  Isometric, front, top, left, right.

The circled numbers bellow your toolbar 13 are the extruder select buttons.  Select a mesh and then you can set the extruder you want to use for it.

Do as @gr5 suggests and bring a model in and just play around.  It's not like you can hurt anything.

Posted · 4.8.0 Manual

So as far as I can tell the only thing they changed are the icons in what you showed so far.  Those tools are in the same order and in the same position.  For example the first tool lets you move your part around on the bed.  The second one scales, third tool rotates, next tool does mirroring and so on.  Same tools.  Same order.  Different icons.

I wish I could tell you that you can hover over them for more information but I tried it (in 4.8.0) and that doesn't seem to help.

Posted · 4.8.0 Manual
    On 3/26/2022 at 8:27 PM, gr5 said:

I wish I could tell you that you can hover over them for more information but I tried it (in 4.8.0) and that doesn't seem to help.

This is the exact problem. I need to know the functions. I detest online documentation that changes with each version of the software. it's just bad design. thank you anyway for your attempt.