When slicing this model on Cura it cuts off the top.

Pureminer

Posted (edited) · When slicing this model on Cura it cuts off the top.

I've been trying to slice this model at 0.12mm layer height and 15% infill, and every time I try and no matter what settings I try to adjust the final g-code seems to show the top cut off and not finished correctly.

If you have any suggestions that could help with this problem, I would be very thankful. 

Sincerely, Lucas H

Screenshot 2022-04-17 191356.png

Screenshot 2022-04-17 191724.png

Edited by Pureminer

Posted · When slicing this model on Cura it cuts off the top.

@Pureminer - With the model loaded and Cura ready to slice, use the "File | Save Project" command and then post that 3mf file here.  I have a feeling the model gets too narrow for your nozzle/line width.  A project file will show what's going on.

Yep.  Those parts come to a knife edge and knife edges can't be printed.

Cura (or any slicer) won't acknowledge areas of a model when the slice is narrower than your line width setting.  You can try dropping the line width to .35, or you can drop the nozzle size to a 0.2.  In either case you will get closer to the tip but you can't ever get there as there will always be an area that is narrower than your line width.

try the new Cura 5.0 beta, it is especially improved to print finer details

• Like 1