Select from USB option is grayed out

Posted · Select from USB option is grayed out

I've been printing from an SD card on a UM2+ successfully. We just got a new UM2+ Connect. All I see is a USB port. I don't want to hook this up to our network. I just want to print from the USB. (Why is there no SD card slot on this??!!) Anyway, when I use Cura to slice my file, save my file to the USB and put it in the 2+ Connect, the display reads that it's ready to print, but the Select From USB option is there, but grayed out. I've done the factory reset, turned it on, turned it off.  Can anyone help? Thank you. 

Posted · Select from USB option is grayed out

I have an S5 but not a UM2+C.  I thought the primary reason to get the "connect" was for the network connection.  Not sure.  Anyway I have 3 theories:

1) Hardware issue - there may be a USB cable that connects there that fell out?  More likely the USB connector is directly mounted on the board so probably not but maybe you should try a different USB flash drive.  If you remove the flash drive does the button go away or is there no change?

2) filename.  Maybe you copied the wrong file to the flash drive.  I do that all the time.  I'll copy the STL file or the project file (3mf file) onto the flash drive instead of the correct file.  I'm not sure if the filename is .gcode or .ufp but I strongly suspect the filename should end with ".ufp" as that is what is used for the S5.

3) Selected wrong printer.  In cura make sure you selected UM2+C and not UM2+.  In the PREPARE mode in the upper left area you can select the printer type there.