Cura 5.0 and QT problems, esp. with Fusion 360

ThK

Posted · Cura 5.0 and QT problems, esp. with Fusion 360

Just checked with the Autodesk Fusion 360 support, why the graphics performance of my Fusion 360 workstation Nvidia Quadro M2000 4 GB, latest drivers) has slowed dramatically down to getting unusuable. I assumed one of the lates Fusion updates. Nope. It was the Cura 5.0 beta with the use of QT (which was a some kind of shit software 20 yrs ago) which slowed down the system becoming unusuable. After De-installation of Cura 5.0 and reboot the sky was clear again. I think I will stay with 4.xx until the end of  (my life?)...

Please take care of that.

BR,

Thomas

Qt might have been "some shit" software 20 years ago, but I don't really see what that has to do with anything.

There was an issue with the performance of the beta, which is why we have a beta in the first place. That issue has been fixed for the stable release that we just had an hour ago.

22 hours ago, ThK said:

It was the Cura 5.0 beta with the use of QT (which was a some kind of shit software 20 yrs ago)

I think you may be confusing Qt with QuickTime, which was often abbreviated as QT. Qt 6 is a fairly moderns crossplatform GUI framework that is used by many, *many* applications.

Quicktime was a multimedia player and framework developed by Apple. Quicktime was once great as a platform (for its time), but eventually got abandoned, and any abandoned platform will eventually become "shitty". Cura has nothing to do with Quicktime.