Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
spac3man

All parts appear under platform in Layer mode - solved

When I bring a part into Cura and view it in the Layer mode, they appear as if they are under the platform. If I view the parts in any other mode, they are on the platform. This happens with either a part I've created in Solidworks or downloaded from the internet. When I save the gcode and load the file into Pronterface, the part is not below the build surface. Why in Cura, is it below the platform in the Layer mode?

I'm running Cura 14.01 on Win7 x64.

Any info is appreciated.

Space...... out

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=CCE4891BC968A2!152&authkey=!AER4VLqULSq7eGc&v=3&ithint=photo%2c.jpg

Yes Daid, I have a "G92 Z28 " in my start.gcode. The datum switch is above the print surface. I tested the view with the G92 command removed and the parts then appear at the normal height. I need to keep the G92 as my machine has been converted from a hobby CNC. How can I get around this?

Space....

@Daid. It seems like the datum location is 25mm below the machine table. I mean that if my offset is G92 Z30 and my part is 30mm high, there is 5mm of the part sticking above the machine table.

@GR5. By temporarily commenting out ";" the G92 command, I can indeed see the whole part above the table in Layer view. I will do this from now on.

Thanks for your input.

Space...