Jump to content
Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

How to Add a Post Processing Script (.PY) in the Cura folder?


Ltek
 Share

Recommended Posts

Posted · How to Add a Post Processing Script (.PY) in the Cura folder?

I found a PY for the SmartTempTower I want into include the Cura folder for reuse

 

no matter what I try Cura doesnt see it

 

instructions I found for WINDOWS....

Copy PY file to 'C:\USERS\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\cura\scripts'  ... then Restart Cura.

 

*** I'm assuming they meant \cura\<version number>\scripts ... I tried both v5 and v4.13 but they do not "see" the script

 

 

@cura please include a simple 'upload' capability in the app!

  • Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Posted · How to Add a Post Processing Script (.PY) in the Cura folder?
    10 hours ago, Ltek said:

    I tried both v5 and v4.13 but they do not "see" the script

    Please post a link to your Cura.log, which can also be found in the configuration folder.

     

    Tip: the proper configuration folder can be found via Help -> Show configuration folder. There's a "scripts" folder inside the configuration folder.

  • Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Posted (edited) · How to Add a Post Processing Script (.PY) in the Cura folder?
    19 hours ago, ahoeben said:

    Please post a link to your Cura.log, which can also be found in the configuration folder.

     

    Tip: the proper configuration folder can be found via Help -> Show configuration folder. There's a "scripts" folder inside the configuration folder.

    Log and script attached.

    Verified, I did put the PY in the proper folder.

     

    thx for the help!

     

    Log_and_Script.zip

    Edited by Ltek
  • Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Posted · How to Add a Post Processing Script (.PY) in the Cura folder?

    The postprocessing script must be named "TempTower.py", or you must change the class name inside the file to match the file name.

  • Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Posted · How to Add a Post Processing Script (.PY) in the Cura folder?
    On 5/30/2022 at 11:58 PM, ahoeben said:

    The postprocessing script must be named "TempTower.py", or you must change the class name inside the file to match the file name.

    thank you!  Cura really needs an Import function to noobie-proof the great contributions that do not get 'published' in the Cura Marketplace.

  • Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Posted · How to Add a Post Processing Script (.PY) in the Cura folder?
    9 hours ago, Ltek said:

    Cura really needs an Import function to noobie-proof the great contributions

    That would not have helped in this case. You placed the file in the correct location, so you did the "import" part correctly.

     

    A (community-moderated?) Marketplace for postprocessing scripts could be interesting though.

    • Like 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Posted · How to Add a Post Processing Script (.PY) in the Cura folder?
    58 minutes ago, ahoeben said:

    A (community-moderated?) Marketplace for postprocessing scripts could be interesting though.

    +1

  • Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Posted · How to Add a Post Processing Script (.PY) in the Cura folder?

    That might force me to learn to work with Python.  I'm still struggling with Fortran IV.

    The worldwide shortage of punch cards isn't helping.

  • Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now
     Share

    • Our picks

      • New here? Get ahead with a free onboarding course
        Hi,
         
        Often getting started is the most difficult part of any process. A good start sets you up for success and saves you time and energy that could be spent elsewhere. That is why we have a onboarding course ready for
        Ultimaker S5 Pro Bundle, Ultimaker S5, Ultimaker S3 Ultimaker 2+ Connect.   
        They're ready for you on the Ultimaker Academy platform. All you need to do to gain access is to register your product to gain free access. 
        Ready? Register your product here in just 60 seconds.
          • Like
        • 12 replies
    ×
    ×
    • Create New...