UltiGCode vs Marlin print quality

uma

Posted · UltiGCode vs Marlin print quality

Folks,

I have an UM2 with which i am experimenting a lot. Lately i have noticed a trend which i would like to pose it to the community. My hypothesis is that: the same model sliced using identical settings the only difference being UltiGCode vs Marlin in Cura produces different results. I have noticed that UltiGCode prints do not have any under extrusion issues. Whereas the same model under same settings printed using marlin shows signs of under extrusion. Is there something behind this or its just a random observation.

I am planning to do some tests and i will upload photos shortly.

Sam

Posted · UltiGCode vs Marlin print quality

There should be no difference unless there is a bug in Cura. You have to make sure these settings are the same in both modes:

bed temp

nozzle temp

print speed

retraction speed

retraction distance

fan=100% in ultimode on UM (Marlin multiplies to the fan rates together - the rate in the gcode/cura against the fan rate for the selected filament which should probably always be 100% for PLA).