Temp sensor LED lights when moving the head!

achillx

Posted · Temp sensor LED lights when moving the head!

Hi,

I don't know if here is the correct place to post this thing because I don't know if it is a problem.

With NO cables attached to the printer (power and USB), if I move the print head with my hand the temp sensor's LED lights up!

Is this normal?

:???:

Electricity generator?!

The stepper motors act as little generators when you spin them, so yes, it's normal.

Ok although I don't get why the electricity that is produced from the motor goes through the temperature sensor's circuit.

Beside sharing a common - I don't understand how is a closed circuit motor and temperature sensor.

But only in one direction for each axis... ;)

I does it on both directions, both axes!

[...]

I does it on both directions, both axes!

That's interesting. On my UM1 I only get the effect in one direction. And it made sense to me as LED are diodes. :blink:

I try to avoid moving the print head fast (which results in higher induced current) as the electronics might not like this kind of induced power. :sad: