Linienlänge in horizontalem Kreis | line length for a horizontal circle | Cura 5.0.0

Robust

Posted · Linienlänge in horizontalem Kreis | line length for a horizontal circle | Cura 5.0.0

Ich drucke gerade einen geteilten Stützring für eine unserer Maschinen.

Um die Genauigkeit zu erhöhen, frage ich mich, ob es eine Option gibt, die Linienlänge zumindest an den Außenwänden zu reduzieren.

Damit würde die Auflösung des Kreises besser und die Nachbearbeitung auf der Drehmaschine wäre geringer oder könnte entfallen.

Bei Basic bis Expert finde erkenne ich keine entsprechende Option und bei All bin ich überfordert.

I'm just printing a support ring made of two parts for one of our machines.

To improve the resolution, I would like to know, if there's an option to decrease the lenght of the lines at least for the outer walls.

Than the circle would be more precise and it might be possible not to put the ring on our turning machine or to take of less material for the finishing.

If I'm looking at Basic to Expert I don't recognize a suitable option and I'm overwhelmed with All.

length_segment.thumb.PNG.26603081f2ddaf3220f1e28f18f9a439.PNG

Posted · Linienlänge in horizontalem Kreis | line length for a horizontal circle | Cura 5.0.0

It doesn't seem to be a problem of the slicing.

Although I'm unable to see it, when I'm loading the STL, it seems to be the export from Inventor.

We set up the accuracy there, now everythings seems to be fine.

Sry for the spam. Close PLS.

Posted (edited) · Linienlänge in horizontalem Kreis | line length for a horizontal circle | Cura 5.0.0

That resolution is in the model file.  You would have to alter the settings of the STL generator/translator in the CAD software.

The model file consists of triangles and the size of the triangles determines the faceting of any circle.  In a glaring show of common sense:  the setting in the AutoCad STL exporter is called "facetres".

Below are two cylinders shown in MS 3D Builder.  The left is at the default 0.5 facetres and the right one is at the max of 10 facetres and you can see how much denser the triangles are.  The right one would make a nicer print.

image.thumb.png.4caa7ab9257770b35e19a12ee9fc06ea.png

Edited by GregValiant