Cura Settings

Plantos

Posted · Cura Settings

I am not sure that the latest Cura 5.1.0-Beat+304 is very good. I have to set the correct setting all the time for Retraction Travels. I have 4 times printed and it is still the same issues i.e. print the bottom of the box and it started well until at 3/4 of the print for the 1st layer, it becomes awful and clicking sound from the drive extruder. What is the cause please. What recommended settings please. My printer is Creality CR-10 Smart. I had no issues until now after I updated Cura revisions. I think there are some missing GCodes or faulty ones doing it.

Also, at the last print of the box, 2 out of 3 surfaces it has been ironed well but 1 missing.

Please reply by email.

DanBox. 6.19H.gcode

Posted · Cura Settings

"it becomes awful and clicking sound from the drive extruder."

If you have the stock plastic extruder (on top of the E motor) then then pressure arm is prone to cracking.  The result is that the filament doesn't get pushed.  100% of the plastic extruder arms fail.  If you have a plastic one take it off and look at the underside for cracks.

The Creality printers (I have an Ender 3 Pro) are known for blockages within the hot end at the end of the bowden tube.  When the extruder skips steps, it means something is blocking the flow of filament (or cracked extruder arm).

When the print head moves left and right on the X beam it causes the bowden tube to rotate in the fitting on top of the heat exchanger.  That back-and-forth rotation eventually allows the bowden tube to move away from the back of the nozzle causing a gap there.  Retractions pull molten plastic into the gap causing problems with filament flow.

You would need to take the hot end apart, clean it out, and trim 5 or 6mm off the bowden tube, then reassemble.

You may have a clogged nozzle, but more likely it's a cracked arm or a blockage in the hot end.

The Gcode looks fine.  There are no missing lines or extrusions.