Print bed moves finished print into the print core with force removes complete buildplate

Livery

Posted · Print bed moves finished print into the print core with force removes complete buildplate

So i was watching the print been finished 

the buildplate lowers and than starts to raise again, forcing the finished print part 26 cm high into the moving printcores. Emergency buildplate lowering happend

buildplate stays low now 

print core 1 does its cleanings then it went to the right side

ramping again into the finished print, it got jammed with force it went a bit back and it tried again to move the print core to the right 

this time displacing the complete buildplate out of the metals holding clips with force

lifting the howl print with buildplate into the glass door that flew open….

after that i was standing next to printer to unplug the power cable before it went for a nother strike

i didn’t expect this from a ultimaker s5 pro bundle 

its running the latest firmware and cura 5.0

but i have found similar issues in the forums about the same issue …

I don’t trust this machine at this moment

Posted · Print bed moves finished print into the print core with force removes complete buildplate

Here i found these frames

1 is the last layer

2 it already slammed the print core while going to the left side

you can see its way higher than the finished print was….

3 it shuffed the howl print away to go to the right side power emergency powershut down

8A9BDB86-D5DE-4F43-9AF5-0536F98054EC.jpeg

F379E847-6723-4A3F-97A6-AA141CDE2C03.jpeg

97D1932C-D056-4460-ACB1-000C6885F753.jpeg

To clarify:

It did your complete print just fine.  Immediately after it finishes the print, it does some bad things.

Right so far?

Does it ask you if you removed the print?  Does it do this before or after asking you?  I'm guessing it never got to that step?

Can you send the project file and also the ufp file?  For the project file, in cura, do "file "save project" and post that file.  The ufp file is the result if you slice in cura and then save that file using the same button but save to hard drive and post that here please.

Posted (edited) · Print bed moves finished print into the print core with force removes complete buildplate

Hi gr5

I watched the printer finish the last line behind my pc. Buildplate went low but faster than normal with a higher pitch of sound because its a big pieces of 16 cm 380 grams or so . Normally it lowers the buildplate slower with smaller objects

but i went down fast stopped . Went up again slow slammed with the top of the print into the printcores

sensor detects thats not oke

emergency kicks in buildplate lowers again

Printhead arrives to the fromt left purges some fillament 

buildplate raises again 

printhead moves to the right

slammed into the print with the core

got jammed

printcore tried again and broke the glass buildplate with the print out of the metal clips and slammed it up against the glasswindows opening them to

at that point i was able to cut the power immediately, because this machine was on a mission i didn’t  aprove

i downloaded log files from the machine

it was running 5.0 cura and 7.0.2 i  thought  7.0.3 because i press firmware update last week   

log files show print successfully finished 😅

Edited by Livery

2 hours ago, gr5 said:

To clarify:

It did your complete print just fine.  Immediately after it finishes the print, it does some bad things.

Right so far?

Does it ask you if you removed the print?  Does it do this before or after asking you?  I'm guessing it never got to that step?

Can you send the project file and also the ufp file?  For the project file, in cura, do "file "save project" and post that file.  The ufp file is the result if you slice in cura and then save that file using the same button but save to hard drive and post that here please.

UMS5_motordeel12.ufp UMS5_motordeel12.3mf

To clarify:

It did your complete print just fine.  Immediately after it finishes the print, it does some bad things.

Right so far?

Does it ask you if you removed the print?  Does it do this before or after asking you?  I'm guessing it never got to that step?

Rats.  You are probably asleep and won't answer my questions until tomorrow and by the time I reply it will probably be Sunday night for you.  Anyway, please answer the above questions.  I looked at the gcodes and they are fine.  None of the movements you describe.  If the answers for the questions above are "yes, yes, before, yes" then I'd say the problem is in the firmware of the S5. 

So if the answers are "yes, yes, before, yes" then please check what firmware you have - you can do that I think from the maintenance menu.  Also I'd update to the latest version if there is a newer version available.

Yo thx dor the reply

i was running cura 5.0

and firm ware 7.0.2

updated everything to

i read about some encoder skipping issues on facebook. because the buildplate lowered in a faster manner than normal 

just like the powwr was cut from the z axis and the buildplate wooshes with high pitch down.

Than the z axis stops the fall and starts raising the buildplate with the high print into the printcore 

Is this before the print finishes or is the print basically done at this point?  I actually have several ideas but you still haven't answered this question.