Getting started with a Kobra Plus

ndsugi

Posted · Getting started with a Kobra Plus

Just got an anycubic kobra plus and I am trying to get cura 5.1 sorted out.  It doesn't seem there are any kobra's under the anycubic list yet, and there wasn't any in the preloaded cura 4.2 that came with the usb drive.  I went ahead and started a custom FFF profile, but I am unclear about a few things, like why there is no square option for the build plate dimension, and what many of the other options mean.  Just wondering if anyone has some advice for getting this started?  

Posted (edited) · Getting started with a Kobra Plus

Install an AnyCubic printer that is close to yours.  You can change the build plate size in the Machine Settings.

An important setting is the StartUp Gcode.  It looks like your printer has an Auto-Level gizmo.  You will need to add a command to your startup gcode to get the leveling routine to run.  That command is often G29 but it might be M420.  Either way there could be parameters that are necessary.  Check over on Reddit and see if you can get some guidance there.

A square is a rectangle with equal sides.  A circle is an ellipse with equal major and minor diameters.

Edited by GregValiant

I was lucky enough to find this and get sorted.  For Plus users, everything is identical but build plate must be changed to 302x302x352mm.  He's is supplying the Gcode as well.  I asked his permission to share this, (goes by 3dpuk) if you find it useful make sure to let him know!

• 1 year later...
    51 minutes ago, dylanx26 said:

I know I am 2 years late but how do I change the build plate size some one please help me

In Cura, just click on the printer dropdown at the top-left of the preview screen (where it says what printer you're currently set to), click Manage Printers, that should bring up the settings box with your printer already selected so just click Machine Settings and it's the three number boxes at the top left under Printer Settings.

On 1/3/2024 at 8:24 PM, Slashee_the_Cow said:

In Cura, just click on the printer dropdown at the top-left of the preview screen (where it says what printer you're currently set to), click Manage Printers, that should bring up the settings box with your printer already selected so just click Machine Settings and it's the three number boxes at the top left under Printer Settings.

thank you so much but does anyone know what the best printing head setting for the cobra plus AND extruder

43 minutes ago, dylanx26 said:

thank you so much but does anyone know what the best printing head setting for the cobra plus AND extruder

image.thumb.png.92670a1583fddf7717c9b8ccb86cae42.png 

These ones? They only really apply when you're printing in one at a time mode (so 1% of the time) to make sure there's enough room between objects. If you're not sure, get a ruler or a measuring tape... and make sure the nozzle is cool before you take your measurements.

The X and Y values are relative to the nozzle - i.e. there's 3cm from the nozzle to the right edge of my print head, 2cm from the nozzle to the back, 4cm from the nozzle to the left, and 6cm from the nozzle to the front.

The gantry height is the distance between your build plate and the bottom of your X axis gantry - this limits the height you can print in one at a time mode to make sure everything is low enough it doesn't get knocked over by the gantry.