Custom settings for a postprocessing script

BarraVox

Posted · Custom settings for a postprocessing script

Hi

I want to create a postprocessing script but I want to control an aspect of it with a setting. Can I add a custom setting in Cura to control a variable in a postprocessing script? How?

A postprocessing script can define settings, but those settings are set in the Post processing plugin dialog.

A plugin can define a setting that lives in the print settings floater/sidebar. The postprocessing dialog itself is a plugin, but the postprocessing plugin only allows you to create settings inside the post processing plugin dialog.

If you really want to create a new setting, outside the postprocessing dialog, you are going to have to create a plugin instead of a postprocessing script. The Z-Offset plugin is an example of a plugin that defines a custom setting AND postprocesses the gcode in much the same way as a postprocessing script would do. You can find its source here:

https://github.com/fieldOfView/Cura-ZOffsetPlugin

On 8/3/2022 at 7:05 AM, ahoeben said:

Hi I tried adding a custom script as follows in my Cura 5.7 

Help > Show Configuration Folder>scripts and restart cura 

however in the slicer extensions>postprocessing>modify Gcode i cannot see the newly added script.

Can you please suggets me how to fix the issue.

Thanks

8 hours ago, Abdur said:

Hi I tried adding a custom script as follows in my Cura 5.7 

Help > Show Configuration Folder>scripts and restart cura 

however in the slicer extensions>postprocessing>modify Gcode i cannot see the newly added script.

Can you please suggets me how to fix the issue.

Thanks

Your script is probably invalid in some way. If you search the cura.log file for your script's name it should come up with a more specific error.

• Like 1