What happened to 'print over network'

kris

Posted · What happened to 'print over network'

It should still be there. If it is not, it means that Cura does not see your printer on the network Cura is connected to. The obvious suggestion is if your printer is still turned on and connected to your network. You may have to use the "Connect via Network" in the Printers pane of the preferences to reaffirm the connection.

You may also try to be nicer on the forums. Most of the people helping out here are volunteers. We don't owe you an answer.

Thanks for the reply. I'm afraid I have tried that solution on several machines. The issue persists with 9 UM2Cs and countless S3s and S5s. But OK, I'll figure it out. 

BTW, at what point was I not nice? If I feel like things here have changed here, I should be able to mention it. Do not postulate that I'm not being nice, that is indeed rude. 

I have shared multiple experiences here over the past years coming directly from our print farm. And this has enabled people to improve their machines. And there still are issues (eg. the post I made about the bowden tube issue the UM2C has). 

I took offense to your passive aggressive comment "I guess the forum is not what it used to be", which comes across as shaming the people you want to help you. It would not have hurt you to use a different tone of voice and say use - for example - "does anyone have any tips?".

This forum is not an official Ultimaker support channel. Though the volunteer fellow community members can often help you, if you have a problem with 9 UM2Cs and countless S3s and S5s, it is probably better to get in touch with your dealer, who should be able to put you in contact with Ultimaker support.

Hey @kris,

What you are seeing is by design. 🤔
    You can read more about it here.

What are you missing from Print via Network that you are not getting from Print via Cloud? 

Print via Network is not available for UM2+Cs but if you want to ensure that the option shows up you can add the printers to Cura via IP adress. But this workflow will make you miss out on all the features we are developing for the Digital Factory. 

38 minutes ago, ahoeben said:

I took offense to your passive aggressive comment "I guess the forum is not what it used to be", which comes across as shaming the people you want to help you. It would not have hurt you to use a different tone of voice and say use - for example - "does anyone have any tips?".

This forum is not an official Ultimaker support channel. Though the volunteer fellow community members can often help you, if you have a problem with 9 UM2Cs and countless S3s and S5s, it is probably better to get in touch with your dealer, who should be able to put you in contact with Ultimaker support.

Well you have proven the point. I have spelled out my subjective observation. If you disagree, fine.

But would you kindly stop postulating things? Continuously...

Because to me, you actually come across as aggressive and utterly intolerant. 

But never mind; there has been some valuable input now from an official answer, on this not official Ultimaker support channel. 

42 minutes ago, MariMakes said:

Hey @kris,

What you are seeing is by design. 🤔
    You can read more about it here.

What are you missing from Print via Network that you are not getting from Print via Cloud? 

Print via Network is not available for UM2+Cs but if you want to ensure that the option shows up you can add the printers to Cura via IP adress. But this workflow will make you miss out on all the features we are developing for the Digital Factory. 

Thank you Mari. That does help.

Digital Factory is great, no issues with it. There are basically two reason to use the network:

a. a lot of CGodes are written ad hoc, going via the DF slows down the workflow

b. occasionally internet connectivity is an issue. Usually not a big deal, but if it happens at a bad time impact on productivity can be a bummer (e.g. if a number of printers need to be started but cannot). 

But thanks for your reply.