Cura won't open on Macos 12.6.

Tsavrvs

Posted (edited) · Cura won't open on Macos 12.6.

Hi

5.1.1 Won't launch (nor do older versions).  No error just jiggles to start then doesn't launch. On install it will prompts security scan and passes. Help.

Edited by Tsavrvs

Posted · Cura won't open on Macos 12.6.

Hey @Tsavrvs,

Welcome to the Ultimaker Community 🚀

We had to stop support for Mac OS 10.15 for Cura version 5.1.1 and up since apple, and the tools that we create to make mac products stopped supporting it. 

You can read more about it here: 

https://support.ultimaker.com/hc/en-us/articles/360011889579-On-what-operating-systems-is-Ultimaker-Cura-available-

It also contains a link to find the Cura version that does support your Operating System. 👍

On 10/7/2022 at 3:51 PM, MariMakes said:

Hey @Tsavrvs,

Welcome to the Ultimaker Community 🚀

We had to stop support for Mac OS 10.15 for Cura version 5.1.1 and up since apple, and the tools that we create to make mac products stopped supporting it. 

You can read more about it here: 

https://support.ultimaker.com/hc/en-us/articles/360011889579-On-what-operating-systems-is-Ultimaker-Cura-available-

It also contains a link to find the Cura version that does support your Operating System. 👍

Cool and all but I'm running 12.6 Monterey.  Which version works with this? Can't seem to be able to boot any of them.

Ohhh, that's the most recent version... I believe that version should be supported! 

Can you share your logs with us? 
    Than I can have someone from the team look at them. 

You can find your log file here:

MacOS: $USER/Library/Application Support/cura/<Cura version>/cura.log

Thank you 😄

I do also have an 2019 Intel Mac (13" MacBook Pro) with MacOS 12.6 and Cura 5.1.0 works fine. 

23 hours ago, MariMakes said:

Ohhh, that's the most recent version... I believe that version should be supported! 

Can you share your logs with us? 
    Than I can have someone from the team look at them. 

You can find your log file here:

MacOS: $USER/Library/Application Support/cura/<Cura version>/cura.log

Thank you 😄

Hi thanks. 

Right something is not right. I don't have a Cura folder in Application Support/.

What's up with that then?

Posted (edited) · Cura won't open on Macos 12.6.

Right. Turns out permissions to  user/library/Logs was incorrect. This was the root of my problems. 

For reference: 

opened the app package and ran the executable there. It's "terminal" window showed pretty clearly that it cound't access library/Logs. Fixed the permissions manually and cura ran no problem. 

Edited by Tsavrvs

On 10/11/2022 at 12:56 PM, Tsavrvs said:

Fixed the permissions manually and cura ran no problem. 

Can you write how to do this? I am facing the same problem with Cura that is not opening.

Weird... my Cura updated today and exhibited the same behaviour that Tsavrvs was getting: the dock icon bounced while it was starting and then quit without any kind of warning or error message. Downgrading to the previously installed version showed the same problem.

I checked my ~/Library/Application Support/cura/<Cura version>/ folder but it didn't have any .log files that had been updated since the last time I used Cura.

I checked my ~/Library/Logs/cura/ folder but neither of the stderr.log or stdout.log files had been updated since 2020... apparently.

Preferring to keep my profiles over the ancient logs I elected to delete the ~/Library/Logs/cura/ folder and tried opening again. Success! Cura complained about a broken printer profile and volunteered to Factory Reset my entire configuration, but everything else seems to be working after skipping that request.