Why can't I print soft materials with a CC core??

Tim_Cochrane

Posted · Why can't I print soft materials with a CC core??

Be glad.

Because experience shows that print heads clog faster when you print everything with them.
For example, if you roast PLA residue at 260 degrees in the print head, you will get carbon residue.Cleaning a normal printhead is no fun. Cleaning a CC even less.

Practically, however, it is simply that there are no corresponding profiles for the CC.
After all, the CC is only an alternative for abrasive materials and not a magic bullet for everything. The costs three times more than normal but has no advantages with normal materials. I guess in comparison, the CC would even perform worse than an AA.

But you can get around that.For example, you can reprogram the print heads on the printer.
http://gr5.org/cores/

If I need the CC for materials that don't have a profile for the CC, I hack a another CC profile.
For example, you can print other materials with the Generic profile PA-CF. You just have to set everything yourself.

That is also the problem somewhere. The print settings are not transferable and can differ. I often have a batch of 10 to 20 test parts until the print settings are right. The difference between the cores is especially noticeable in technical parts.Denn Gerade bei technischen Teilen merkt man den Unterschied der Kerne deutlich.

Many greetings