Can someone help with a failed print?

Super_paulie

Posted · Can someone help with a failed print?

Hey @Super_paulie,

A failed print can have a lot of causes. 
Do you have a picture of how the print failed so we can see if it might be a hardware issue? 

Do you have a project file for us? It contains the printer and settings we need for troubleshooting. 
To save a project file in Cura go to File -> Save project.

the print seemingly failed while everything else was going ok. Looks like it stopped and the head hovered about the job for a while with a bit of oozing and then it was listed as "failed". It was overnight so i have no actual evidence at the point of failure. I have the project file and the log though.

MicrosoftTeams-image (13).png

Thanks for the picture and the project file!
    This is a very clear "cut" 🤔

Did you check your material? 
    Is it empty or tangled?
    Could your nozzle be clogged?
    Is your filament coming out dirty if you perform a print core cleaning? 

no, all of the above are ok. The PET comes from a spool inside the material station. It seemingly just "stopped" for reasons unknown and then failed. If the logs can be interpreted it might shed some light on the point of failure? i dont want to run the job incase it falls over again.

The logs should be able to show why an error was thrown. 
    If you share the logs, I can have one of our support experts take a look at them. 

Did you unravel your spool past the "gear teeth marks?" If your spools lives in the material station, and you have grinding, you'll need to unravel the spool to actually see the grinding. 

the material is seemingly ok Mari im sure. I have attached the log, it would be awesome if someone could have a look for me. If it was something my end, network or other then that would be better than a problem elsewhere!

logs-ultimakersystem-0030d625d03f-7.1.3-20221018081417.zip

Hey @Super_paulie,

I had someone take a look at your logs. The log files do not indicate a direct error, this seems to point towards power failure. Could it be a black out or a brown out? 

Do you remember the the start date+hour of the print?
    We can use that to doublecheck our findings. 

12 minutes ago, MariMakes said:

Hey @Super_paulie,

I had someone take a look at your logs. The log files do not indicate a direct error, this seems to point towards power failure. Could it be a black out or a brown out? 

Do you remember the the start date+hour of the print?
    We can use that to doublecheck our findings. 

thank you Mari, that is very helpful.

I dont have the time it was started at im afraid and i cant seem to see where that information is held. It failed after 13hrs 16m and the job was started on the afternoon of the 17th October but at what time im afraid thats unknown. 

By power failure do you think that was like a "blip" of mains electricity powering the machine? that is interesting as we should be on UPS in here.