There seems to be a problem with syncing my materials via network

GoguyT3d

Posted · There seems to be a problem with syncing my materials via network

After visiting this page (https://support.ultimaker.com/hc/en-us/articles/360012113719) and following all instructions I am still not able to sync my material profiles via network to my printer, US3 connected via network cable and PC connected via network cable, same network, PC has McCafee internet security with a controlled firewall and VPN. I was able to add all of the open ports for communication in McCafee but there doesnt seem to be a whitelist in existance anywhere to add the required pages. I am able to print via cloud if I am correct, though clicking on the connect button when trying to connect to the printer via network does nothing, no response and the button doesnt even change color when i click. Also syncing material profiles attempts to load but continues to load indefinitely. I noticed somewhere in my Mcafee software a log of numerous IP address blocks right at the same time I was trying to do this, although they are a different IP than my printer, I do not know how to allow all access to my printer to stop mcafee from blocking communications between the two. I've even added Ultimaker Cura and Cura slicing engine to the exused apps from blocking risky connections, kinda stumped now don't know what to do

It appears that there was a serious problem with Ultimaker Cura accidentally mixing material filament profiles from one printer to another, to squash this bug I reset ultimaker digital factory, did a factory reset on my printer and renamed all of my printer filaments so no Brand names were identical to the brands from my 3rd party computer. Also it is important to make sure that if you have a 3rd party filament used with an Ultimaker S-line printer that even if you duplicate a filament profile such as CPE, and use it as PETG, DO NOT CHANGE THE FILAMENT TYPE within the duplicated filament because Ultimaker Cura will not know what it is, disable the filament from certian profiles and, hide it. Not so thankfully this effort has made my S3 unable to create a digital factory code and says its connected yet no printer shows up on my digital facory and I'm only asked for a 6 digit code to connect. :(Currently up shits creek without a paddle):

37 minutes ago, MariMakes said:

Hey @GoguyT3d,

Unfortunetly we've had some downtime on Oct 21, 2022
    https://status.ultimaker.com/

Are you still stuck trying to connect to the Digital Factory?
    I can have someone from the team take a look if you are still stuck. 👼

Yes, I've also spoken with Daniel De Heus(Ultimaker) and he said that he is having the same problem.

On 10/24/2022 at 11:47 AM, MariMakes said:

Hey @GoguyT3d,

Unfortunetly we've had some downtime on Oct 21, 2022
    https://status.ultimaker.com/

Are you still stuck trying to connect to the Digital Factory?
    I can have someone from the team take a look if you are still stuck. 👼

This problem has been solved.

• Like 1