Weird lines/ sections on surface

Len1

Posted · Weird lines/ sections on surface

Hello everybody and thank you for reading this in advance.

We've been printing for almost two years with our 2 Ultimakers S5's.

Mostly we print the same parts. The designs slightly changed over time but they always printed just fine.

Lately I've been having a problem with weird lines / sections. I can't get them out of the prints anymore and I've been searching a lot for the solution.

If someone can put me in the right direction I'd really appreciate it. The lines aren't visible at all in Cura. 

Please tell me if I have to provide more info.

Len

312128747_603198764838647_4215839128910317657_n.jpg

312210636_636797051322570_213590359189057239_n.jpg

312280808_804665760736187_7121783449724350107_n.jpg

Knipsel.PNG

To me this looks like intermittent underextrusion, most likely? So, check the whole path from spool to nozzle: no partial clogs, no worn-out or dirty feeder wheels or other parts? No stuck filament on the spool (can happen if you have a spool where filament loops under each other), no kinks or bends in the filament which cause huge extra friction (can happen in a poorly wound spool, or a rewound one), etc...?

• Like 1

On 10/20/2022 at 5:32 PM, geert_2 said:

To me this looks like intermittent underextrusion, most likely? So, check the whole path from spool to nozzle: no partial clogs, no worn-out or dirty feeder wheels or other parts? No stuck filament on the spool (can happen if you have a spool where filament loops under each other), no kinks or bends in the filament which cause huge extra friction (can happen in a poorly wound spool, or a rewound one), etc...?

Thanks for the tips so far. Wouldn't it be something in the design if both printers keep printing the same lines? I already tried a full maintenance but don't see any changes.

Other parts print very clean.

Thanks,

Len

Posted (edited) · Weird lines/ sections on surface

I didn't want to take over your thread, but I'm seeing similar issues (more prominent) on a Ulti 2+ Ext. What material are you printing with? Nozzle diameter?

Here's the thread I created.

Edited by ianrossg