UltiMaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

Temperatures in 'Tune' menu are missing

Link

Go to solution Solved by robinmdh,

Posted (edited) · Temperatures in 'Tune' menu are missing

I have the lastest firmware (7.1.3) in my S5 and now within the Tune menu the 2 print cores and build plate temperatures just display 'C', for both current and target. I can view the temperature from looking at the print core from the main menu, but Tune view is not working.

Edited by Link
  • Like 1

• Solution
Posted · Temperatures in 'Tune' menu are missing

Yes, we saw this as well and have already fixed it, so it will definitely be fixed in a future software release. Since it doesn't actuality block use (it just super inconvenient) we decided it wasn't critical, so it did not block the 7.1.3 release at the time.
It will definitely be fixed by version 8.0.0 which is pretty much done, but I don't exactly know when that version will be released.

Thanks for the bug report @Link !

44 minutes ago, robinmdh said:

Yes, we saw this as well and have already fixed it, so it will definitely be fixed in a future software release. Since it doesn't actuality block use (it just super inconvenient) we decided it wasn't critical, so it did not block the 7.1.3 release at the time.
    It will definitely be fixed by version 8.0.0 which is pretty much done, but I don't exactly know when that version will be released.

Thanks for the bug report @Link !

No worries, as you say everything works, just cant see the numbers

@robinmdh don't suppose version 8 will include the much requested info screen in the UI which will show layer number, temperatures etc etc all at once so advanced users can see what is going on in realtime ?, i know it has been much discussed and you had looked at it at one point ?

thx

• Like 1

sorry, but nope. I did make a installer/patch that added the layer number to the existing progress screen.
    The resistance against this is gone though, so maybe we can add a stats for nerds type page to the print progress SwipeView in 8.1.x maybe. 8.0.x is closed for new features.

41 minutes ago, robinmdh said:

sorry, but nope. I did make a installer/patch that added the layer number to the existing progress screen.
    The resistance against this is gone though, so maybe we can add a stats for nerds type page to the print progress SwipeView in 8.1.x maybe. 8.0.x is closed for new features.

That would be amazing !, there is a huge appetite for this in the community, so be able to see layer number, fan speed, temps all at once will really help diagnose issues and fine tune etc. Please add this !, thanks so much !

On 11/1/2022 at 9:36 AM, robinmdh said:

Hi @robinmdh any news on this stats for nerds screen ?, that will be super useful !

thanks