Cura 5.2.1 Work slowly and freeze when I go to the printer settings menus, profiles, etc.

Alama

Posted · Cura 5.2.1 Work slowly and freeze when I go to the printer settings menus, profiles, etc.
Hi everyone, i'm under Win11, When I go to the settings for my printer or to add one, when I go to the extruders to add a new material or in Profil, Cura, at best starts to slow down seriously, and at worst, I I have this: 
Peut être une image de texte qui dit ’decouleurs Tyeligne Paramètres dela machine Ne répono pas) Tenlog TL 3D Pro IDEX ExtraFast 0.3mm Imprimante Paramètres.d'impression Paramètres Extruder Profil Paramètresdel l'imprimante X(Largeur) Y(Pooeur) (Hauteur) lateau 300.0 Extruder Paramètresde Xmin tête d'impression Ymin Ultimaker-Cura.exe x ne répond pas Qualité Volume informations. programme, vous risquez Hauteur chauffant couche perdre des ParfumG-Coe Hauteur Fermer 350.0 couche G-Code programme Largeur démarrage metric Attendre que programme réponde Largeurde Largeur Extruder off lignedu header up 15mm have Largeur Parois Haut bas Recommandé’
Does anyone else have this too when playing in the settings menu?

Posted · Cura 5.2.1 Work slowly and freeze when I go to the printer settings menus, profiles, etc.

Hey All,

Welcome to the Ultimaker Community 🎉

The screenshot is not working for me but this is not the first time we've received this report so I think I know what you mean. 

Are you working with multiple monitors?
    Do you also have this behavior if you have a single monitor? 
    Can you share a screenshot of how many profiles/materials you have? 

Or can you share your Configuration folder?
    You can share your configuration folder by:

1. Go to Help at the top bar of Cura
    2. Select Show Configuration Folder
    3. Select all the folders in there and create a zip OR go up a folder in your folder structure and zip your folder with the correct Cura version

On 11/29/2022 at 5:41 PM, MariMakes said:

Are you working with multiple monitors?

yeap, I have 3 monitors connected to my pc.

regarding materials and profiles - nothing special, just a typical numbers.

It seems like I found the problem.

Cura has some kind of conflicts with the software named Reverso (https://www.reverso.net/text-translation)
    Also, some time ago I had a very similar problem when Cura conflicted with another software - Punto switcher

Both these programs have one thing in common - both use global hooks to handle keyboard shortcuts.

As soon as I closed Reverso Cura started work correctly without any timeouts and freezes. Almost instantly.

• Heart 1

Well, and this is definitely Cura issue, since both programs are very stable and I have to close them to be able to work with Cura...

Hey @dosoft,

Thank you for the update, this is a super valuable insight ❤️

I've never had Reverso installed but I did notice a performance drop in Cura (and other programs) when using it yesterday. I uninstalled it today and I've noticed an improvement. 
    I'll start suggesting this workaround untill we've found an actual fix for this problem. 😊