My ultimaker 2 is trying to print off the print bed

adoni

Posted (edited) · My ultimaker 2 is trying to print off the print bed

I just got this Ultimaker 2 as a 2nd hand gift and the previous owner said it had a few issues. I've solved all but one issue, the printer keeps trying to print off of the bed and constantly bumps the metal braces for the bed.  I've tried resetting it but that's it because I've never worked with a Ultimaker before. What can I do to fix this?

Edited by adoni

Posted · My ultimaker 2 is trying to print off the print bed

I can think of about 5 things that it could be.  I guess I would start with a "factory reset".  It's in the menu somewhere.  Certain values like the size, scaling, and location of things like where the purge location is and of course the size of the print bed are stored in a special part of the eeprom in specific locations and each version of the firmware stores those in a slightly different spot and if you load older firmware over existing newer firmware they get all messed up (but going the other way is fine as newer firmware know where the older firmware stored everything).

Factory reset resets all that to defaults but unfortunately it will immediately make you level the bed and such but I think this is the best route.

It could be related to steps/mm for X or Y axis off or it could be doing too few substepping (probably not).

I think you should show a video of the problem if FACTORY RESET doesn't fix it.

It could be also a problem with the homing procedure (should go to the back left corner when you home).  So maybe show that in the video also.

You can't post videos here but you can post on google drive or youtube or 100 other locations.