Need advice on improving printing.

Armatron

Posted · Need advice on improving printing.

Hi, i was hoping to some advice on this print.  The white was done in ABS and i cant  what settings were used.  The black was done in Pla+ for a larger model. Somewhere i really messed up the settings and was wondering if you guys could take a look and see what i was doing wrong... Thank you.    Man trying so hard to get a nice print

20221120_122314.jpg

20221120_122335.jpg

20221120_122419.jpg

20221120_122439.jpg

LM2SE05MM_Dwarf Wizard 3.3mf

Wow.  Very small and very highly detailed is a bad combination.

It's all about getting rid of the heat and my Ender hates the 0.2 nozzle unless I jack up the temperature.

The printer will spend a lot of time bouncing off the Minimum Layer Time and Minimum Speed.

I'm thinking 30mm/sec, .2 nozzle at .1 or .12 layer height.  The support will have to get close to be effective.  I would suggest a support blocker on the top of the staff. 

The fan speed for PLA is 100% for this but I think even with ABS using the fan is in order.

Print a sacrificial block or something next to the real model.  A calibration cube scaled up in the Z should work.  You want all those small areas and spires to have time to cool.  There will be a lot of support so any stringing should be to the support.

Getting the support away from the shaft of his staff will be tough also.

@geert_2 what do you think on this one.  The rectangular solid there is 15 x 15 x 38.6 for reference.

image.thumb.png.0ca3c3cfdc715bb662cf2afc0acd4937.png

I sliced it a couple of times this afternoon and I tried again a few minutes ago.  I wasn't real happy with any of them.

Looking at your second image it appears that the cape has some lines on the back that aren't caused by the model size or Cura settings.  If you have a magnifying glass take a look at the back of the cape.  There may be some poor extrusions there.

The tines on the top of the staff and the point of his hat are good indicators.  It still looks to be melting down on those features.  The model is so small that I don't think I'd trust myself with an Exacto knife trying to clean it up.

I'll fool around with it some more tomorrow.  I've avoided using the .2 nozzle because I haven't been able to get it to print well.  Maybe it's time to try and dial it in.

Well Greg i Tried several different ways of getting that print to work.... The staff well not get it done with this machine. At least as i can try.  So i switched to a less detailed model.  just lost an arm on this one but better. now i need the help to dial it in. and maybe i can actually make just a couple of each to get a good print.

20221123_114651.jpg

20221123_114725.jpg

LM2SE05MM_BuzzcutBarbarianMini.3mf