Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
drumrboy44

UM v1 Replacement Nozzle Source?

So I've had my Ultimaker V1 for a month shy of a year. I have made some awesome things with it, but have also encountered and overcome MANY issues along the way. The one inexorable problem, however, has been nozzle clogging. It is of course extremely frustrating, you can see my previous topics on the subject if you want to know the details (I made filament filters, I am not printing too fast or at too high volume or temp, I use Ultimachie quality filament, etc., etc.) I ended up buying a bunch of 0.4 mm nozzles off Qu-BD (because 15 Euros for a brass nozzle is utterly ridiculous), and just replacing each nozzle after it gets inevitably clogged. It used to try to clear the nozzles with a hot wire, but it is just way too inexact and painstaking and endeavor.

Does anyone know of any other source to purchase 0.4 mm nozzles that will be compatible with the UM v1? It seems like the V2 nozzle would not work, but correct me if I am wrong.

I think you mean "Ultimaker Original" and "Ultimaker2". The nozzle on the 2 is totally different with a built in heated chamber so definitely not compatible. I've seen many nozzles on ebay that claim compatibility. About $2 each I think. I haven't tried them.

Do you have a very dusty environment? Dust can climb up the filament and get into the nozzle and cause clogs. Or wood particles.