Need help to fix my printer (Ultimaker Connect 2+)

fabioribeiro
Go to solution Solved by elnadav12,

Posted (edited) · Need help to fix my printer (Ultimaker Connect 2+)

Hello everyone!

I am creating this topic because I need help to find out the reason of the problems I am having.

One of the printers (Ultimaker Connect 2+) where I work started to give bad printing results, the pieces have little to no resistance at all.

It suddenly started though, no updates were done, no modifications, nothing. It was fine one day, and then it was not anymore. So I really don't know what it could possibly be the cause. Even the adhesion things, such as brim, skirt etc are coming out weird.

For the moment the only way to have a chance of having a decent piece is choosing 100% infill and still we have to be lucky, plus the time taken to print is increased also.

I am attaching the result of the last print that we tried to do. These pieces were supposed to have some sort of resistance, but they broke just by holding it a little bit stronger than a normal grip...

The material is Ultimaker Though PLA, we use it either Tough PLA or PLA only. 

Thanks already in advance 😃

1669991790197.jpg

Edited by fabioribeiro

Posted · Need help to fix my printer (Ultimaker Connect 2+)
    On 12/2/2022 at 10:15 PM, elnadav12 said:

Looks like severe under extrusion...

What are your print settings? (temp, speed, layer height etc...)

Have you tried cleaning your nozzle?

https://support.makerbot.com/s/article/1667337917259

Hey elnadav12. Thanks for answering!

About the print settings: I don't really go deep on it, I'm always around the "recommended" tab on Cura. For this piece, layer height was the 'normal' option (0.15mm) and infill 30% with support. All the rest were handled by Cura.

The nozzle was cleaned also, but we have a brand new one here, we will try to change it and test it!

Also I noticed that the material that is inside the printer is always coming out with some sort of scratches on its surface, and even some of it falls, in a powder level almost every time i change it, falling from inside the feeder. Maybe this is where the issue are!? I will try to open it and check it, but I am afraid to mess it even more.

Do you know if I can find an image of the feeder opened? I would like to check for reference!

• Solution
    8 minutes ago, fabioribeiro said:

Also I noticed that the material that is inside the printer is always coming out with some sort of scratches on its surface

Seems like your feeder tension is too high. Check that the indicator is in the middle. Should look like this:

B9C64825-68AC-4037-89DF-5D57951230B9.jpeg.b46cec0cacbb59dccc3f2f8d47a41d8f.jpeg

Cleaning the feeder is really easy. It looks like this inside:

9BA028D7-C774-4E8A-9C14-70D65FE77785.thumb.jpeg.06c9b75bd34de237a4b868b2fd4e9be3.jpeg

• Heart 1

26 minutes ago, elnadav12 said:

Seems like your feeder tension is too high. Check that the indicator is in the middle. Should look like this:

B9C64825-68AC-4037-89DF-5D57951230B9.jpeg.b46cec0cacbb59dccc3f2f8d47a41d8f.jpeg

Cleaning the feeder is really easy. It looks like this inside:

9BA028D7-C774-4E8A-9C14-70D65FE77785.thumb.jpeg.06c9b75bd34de237a4b868b2fd4e9be3.jpeg

Oh that's definitely the cause of the problem!

I just opened and it's a total mess. I am attaching the photos =). I will try to repair it and i will get back here for the results.

1670237911504.jpg

1670237887760.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fabioribeiro said:

@elnadav12 As promised I am coming back for the feedback.

I have cleaned everything but now I am having an issue. No matter how much I unscrew or screw the tensioner, the level does not change. So I am trying to work on that now!

F9801878-0179-4B92-8F08-85F504284504.thumb.jpeg.27f3d68e7dd95a32f4b5c8111eb8f720.jpeg

Make sure that the screw is below the top hole

16 minutes ago, elnadav12 said:

F9801878-0179-4B92-8F08-85F504284504.thumb.jpeg.27f3d68e7dd95a32f4b5c8111eb8f720.jpeg

Make sure that the screw is below the top hole

Yes! I unscrewed a lot for the pictures only, but as you can see on the video, it doesn't seem to change the level no matter what I do! Any tips?

VID_20221205_153827.zip

7 hours ago, fabioribeiro said:

Yes! I unscrewed a lot for the pictures only, but as you can see on the video, it doesn't seem to change the level no matter what I do! Any tips?

VID_20221205_153827.zip 9.12 MB · 1 download

Hehe when the feeder is disassembled this screw does nothing

you need to screw in the top cover and than mess with the screw

• Like 1

On 12/5/2022 at 11:20 PM, elnadav12 said:

Hehe when the feeder is disassembled this screw does nothing

you need to screw in the top cover and than mess with the screw

I realized that just after sending you the video. I am so sorry haha

But after I did it correctly everything came back to work normally. I can't thank you enough!

• Like 1