Save to removable saves on HDD anyway... Cura 5.1 and 5.2

Go to solution Solved by nepcior,

Posted · Save to removable saves on HDD anyway... Cura 5.1 and 5.2

Hello!

Since some time i have a strange issue. When I insert the SD card into the computer's reader, Cura changes the "Save to Disk" button to "Save to removable" as usual. It also shows the letter of the SD drive. Unfortunately, when the button is pressed, Cura saves the gcode anyway to the hard drive. What could have happened? Reinstalling Cura from 5.1 to 5.2.1 did not help.

Hello @nepcior.

@MariMakes should be able to help with this when she gets a moment.  She will need to know more about your computer and operating system.

Cura makes calls to the operating system to handle file writes so maybe something is going on between them.

Is the "lock tab" on the memory card in the "write" position?

• Like 1

Hey @nepcior,

Welcome to the Ultimaker Community 🎉

That's odd. 🤔 It reminds me of this github issue but it seems different. 

I have a bunch of questions!

Which operating system are you running?
    Is your operating system in a non English language?
    Did this SD card work before? 

Do you have more devices plugged in? 

• Like 1

• Solution
    Posted (edited) · Save to removable saves on HDD anyway... Cura 5.1 and 5.2

Hello again!

I use Windows 11 x64. Yes, my operating system is not English language. Yes, SD card worked before. This happened during one session with the program. I don't remember exactly how it happened, but something like: I saved gcode to the SD card - OK. A moment of work, I saved the gcode, this time to disk - OK. Another moment of work and saving again on the SD card, but... This time, gcode was written to the computer, same drive I was saving to before. And it's always been like that ever since. No, I have no more devices in the card reader, if that's what you mean.

I think it might be caused by one of the plugins. I have to check it out. I use "custom printjob naming".

Edit:

I'm back home and checked. Thank you MariMakes!
    Your questions led me to the idea of checking plugins. And that was indeed the reason. No idea how, but one setting of plugin "printjob naming" was set to save to path D:/. This plugin catches saving process and replacing the name. And the path in this case. Now all works as before.

Edited by nepcior
    New information
    • Like 2