Skewed Print Issues on Ultimaker S5

jwilliams2
Go to solution Solved by Dadkitess,

Posted · Skewed Print Issues on Ultimaker S5

My newly purchased Ultimaker S5 prints will a slight skewed effect on parts. I have tried to run a XY calibration but this has not fixed the issue.

This effect can be see in the attached images, a square paper is used below the build plate for reference.

Does anyone know how to fix this or the potential cause?

Un-square print XY calibration.jpg

Un-square print.jpg

• Solution

Yeah, my UMS5 was also completely off regarding X/Y alignment... You'll need to re-align the axis, using a printed tool that is not included. It's not difficult, just need to be patient enough and the access to the screws are not the most confortable. 

See this link for further information :

https://support.makerbot.com/s/article/1667412443401

Now, UltiMaker, it's quite a shame that you do not include theses tool in the box. Like, really. And what is even more a shame is that some of your machine arrive completely off, while it's sold as the Plug and Play for professionnal with no tuning, no hassle, etc. Please, you need some more Qcheck, and you could (should) clearly deliver the printer with a proof of performance printed right on the bed, just like Prusa, that would actually show about Axis alignement for instance.

Sure, carrier issue is a thing, but you're the one to handle this and find a way to avoid such mis-alignement.

• Thanks 2

Thanks Dadkitess,

As soon as I looked at the printer from the top it is clear that the y-axis is off by a good couple mms.

It is unfortune that it came with this issue, but I think it all stemmed from a loose belt. I fastened it thinking this would fix the problem but I didn't realize that the whole axis was offset as well.

I think I have the necessary tools to deal with this issue, so thanks again for the quick reply.

• Like 1