Box getting filled in

Magrath
Go to solution Solved by ahoeben,

Posted · Box getting filled in

Hi, I'm new to 3d printing. I've got one lent to me from a friend. It's an Anycubic i3 Pro. I used SketchUp to create the model before exporting to Cura.

I'm trying to create some part boxes for going in to my truck sliders. It's just 4 walls a bottom and center divider. The problem is Cura is marking a significant chunk of the inside to be infill. I'm not sure if this is normal for making boxes but it's obviously adding to the build time and uses up a lot of PLA. Is there anything I can do about it?

It's also creating problems as when it gets to the top of the bottom of the box. It doesn't create the "wall", it just goes straight to infill.

Screenshot 2022-12-31 165225.png

Screenshot 2022-12-31 165124.png

AI3MSPRO_Truck Slider Boxes.3mf Truck Slider Boxes.stl

• Solution
    Posted · Box getting filled in

Your model is not "manifold". See this explanation:

https://github.com/Ghostkeeper/SettingsGuide/blob/master/resources/articles/troubleshooting/missing_parts.md#non-manifold-meshes

You could try loading the model in 3d Builder. It will tell you that it is "invalidly defined" and will offer to repair it.

• Like 1