cura not respond

Kamilake

Posted · cura not respond

(Is it right for me to submit this issue here? If not please let me know)

All versions of Cura are in an unresponsive state.

image.thumb.png.5136c996c880c1a0eb4ce685cf06ffe3.png

I did the following to solve this problem, but it didn't work:

https://3dprinterly.com/15-ways-how-to-fix-cura-freezing-not-opening-crashing-or-shutting-down/

Is there anything I should do?
Let me know if there is any information I need to provide!

Thanks in advance.

---

Printers I use: Ender 3, Ultimaker 3, Adventurer 3 (333...? lol)

My System: Windows 11 22H2, Cura 4.13, Cura 5.2.1

stderr.log stdout.log

Hey @Kamilake,

Welcome to the Ultimaker Community 🎉
    You are welcome to post your problems here. It's also quite common to post them on the Cura Github. It's easier to find duplicates of your report there. 

I have a couple of questions to narrow it down.

1. Do you have multiple monitors? Does Cura start if you disable one of the monitors?
    2. Do you have GPU Tweak OSD overlay enabled? Does Cura start if you disable that software?
    3. Do you have a Ryzen CPU? Can you try this workaround? https://support.makerbot.com/s/article/1667412437627
    4. Do you have the Nahimic audio enhancement service enabled? Can you try this workaround? https://github.com/Ultimaker/Cura/issues/12102#issuecomment-1157907665

If this is not the case it might be related to windows 11. We have a number of reports of cura slowing down on windows 11, but haven't figured out why yet. My Windows 11 is running just fine. You can read more about it here. https://github.com/Ultimaker/Cura/issues/13820

• 5 months later...

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but this may help out somebody who has the issue of Cura not loading and sitting on a white screen "not responding" when using a multiple monitor set up on a Windows PC.

Firstly close Cura - kill it in task manager if necessary

Open the Cura folder in your profile - C:\users\<username>\appdata\Roaming\Cura\5.4, typing %appdata% in the windows search box will get you to the Roaming folder, the version of Cura may be different to 5.4 depending on what you are running

Open Cura.cfg in a text editor

In the [General] section at the top look for the the entries for window_left and window_top, delete these two lines then save and close the config file.

Cura should now open correctly

The cause for me was that the window_left value had a negative value due to me dragging Cura to the second monitor and I can only assume the program doesn't like negative values for screen position or it was too far out of range, removing the entries causes the program to start on the main monitor in full screen and everything works correctly. This is the same for Creality slicer which is Cura based as well.

The work around for now is to not to use my second monitor to run Cura and hopefully a fix can be coded into the program at some point but at least I can fix the error manually to avoid having to reset the program totally 👍

If the above works for you, then uncheck the "Restore window position on start" checkbox in the General preferences. Cura will then no longer use those two lines.

Still an issue to this day. I use different monitors with screen resolutions. This program should be fixed. At least have a 10 sec timer to reset the position if it's stuck or something along those lines.

7 hours ago, TheSlider said:

This program should be fixed.

Something easier said than done. The developers are well aware of the problem but finding the cause of (and a fix for) a bug can be next to impossible sometimes.

7 hours ago, TheSlider said:

At least have a 10 sec timer to reset the position if it's stuck or something along those lines.

If it's hard frozen, it won't be able to run a timer in the background (or do anything when it goes off).