Arachne Slicing behavior

Solidox
Go to solution Solved by gr5,

• Solution
Posted · Arachne Slicing behavior

It's hard to see what's going on so it might be best if you post the project file.  In cura do "file" "save project..." and post that file.

So you may have errors in your model - particularly tiny holes or "inverted normals".  Which is particularly common in models created with blender or sketchup.

But I'm going to guess you are having problems with thin walls.  Make sure "print thin walls" is checked.  And look at some of the options in the "walls" section.  Particularly:

minimum wall line width  (walls must be double this I assume) - not that there are 3 features with this or similar name so check all 3

minimum feature size

If what I told you doesn't help then post the project file.

If you continue lowering minimum wall line width to 0.1 it prints more.  Another layer higher and closer to the edge.

Before and after image below.  Because of the basic architecture of Cura, it insists on doing two passes on every wall.  And you have a .4 nozzle.  So that's very difficult to print walls much thinner than 2X the nozzle width.  Thinner than 0.8mm.

You might want to design your part with rounded edges?  Or maybe use the AA 0.25 core (which prints 2X slower).  Or you can just set minimum wall line width to 0.1.  It doesn't just affect this spot though - it will be printing all pointy ends of walls a little longer.  So it may decrease the quality in other places?  I really don't know.  It may make the other pointy walls better.

Another "solution" is to tip the part 90 degrees because now your "walls" are horizontal and with a 0.1mm layer height you can easily print 0.1mm thick "walls" (although they may be delicate).  Because they aren't walls anymore.  They are ledges.  But this will require support material.

1377390592_Screenshotfrom2023-01-2109-30-03.png.cabba2995af1ce95d9e921ca0ce9b31b.png

below is .1

98866514_Screenshotfrom2023-01-2109-31-10.png.01bf31c504700f1f5fbc24701ccb0c56.png

By the way, creality slicer is clearly cura.  You could just check all the settings but... it's a lot.  At 500 or so settings. 

Oh wait - it's an older version of cura (I assume).  You could also just use cura 4.X.  That works just fine for an S5.  The final version of Cura 4.X came out something like 4 years after the S5 so it works quite excellent for the S5.  There are no major bug fixes or anything that you need in Cura 5 to print on an S5.

Thank you for your help. I did lower minimum wall line width to 0.3 , but ended up using Cura 4.13.1 instead.

Gonna blame the model for those 3 last small layers not being symmetrical.

The main claim - the main feature - in cura 5.0 - is the ability to print thin walls much better.  So it's funny that you switched to cura 4.X.

• Like 1