Help! Need Cura User Manual :)

minuteman64
Go to solution Solved by GregValiant,

Posted · Help! Need Cura User Manual :)

Greetings, Gentlemen.  I have recently "upgraded" from Cura 14.07 to Cura 3.2.1.  I used 14.07 for a few years simply because it worked for my needs.  I can't remember exactly how I learned to use 14.07 but was able to navigate pretty well without any sort of user manual.  Version 3.2.1 however, is a bit confusing.  

Wondering if there is any user manual available for V. 3.2.1 or similar recent versions.  All my searches have been fruitless.

If no manual available, maybe someone could clear up my primary confusion.  I was in a good groove with V. 14.07 - I'd set up an .ini file with my print parameters, save it, load a model and print.  Then if I wanted to tweak the model I could pull up the .ini file and make some mofifications.  V.3.2.1 doesn't seem to use .ini files.  So, what do I save/how do I save to preserve the settings I used for a particular model.  I'm sure this sort of info would be on page 1 of any user manual, but .........

• Solution
    Posted (edited) · Help! Need Cura User Manual :)

I don't know 3.2 but the newer versions use a "Project File" that is a special 3mf file and contains the printer, all the settings, and the model.  You might find it in the "File" menu as "Save Project".

What operating system are you on?  The latest versions don't work on Win 7.

4.13.1 was very good.  The 5.x releases are coming along but aren't quite there yet.

As for the user manual - the latest releases have a plugin available from the MarketPlace that has excellent descriptions of all the settings.  It is appropriately named the "Settings Guide".

Edited by GregValiant