Issue with Ender 3 and new Sliced files

EggFriedCheese

Posted · Issue with Ender 3 and new Sliced files

Hey guys

Been having a MAJOR issue tonight, after printing a select number of files on my Ender 3 printer, the printer and ALL g-code files sent to it, are ignoring the first "slower layers", and seems to be printing the first layer at around 100mm/s. After re-installing Cura, checking all of the settings on the slicer (Nothing has changed from previous), nothing seems to be out of the ordinary. I have attached screenshots of Cura, and have attached a Gcode, if someone can decode what's going on, you'd be amazing.

Eggy

5628c15ad7ea1a7622efe2600d202417.png

f757f39858eb32ba67065a1b43cec090.png

5ade5572b2fbb6f43ea4f4109594c2d3.png

CE3E3V2_Medium-Flexy.gcode

Hey @EggFriedCheese,

Welcome to the Ultimaker Community 🎉

I had a look at your Gcode but it looks like the first two layers are slower than the rest. 
    image.thumb.png.7d98339a79c5884f6b0cb1db489fed28.png

Do you have a picture of your showing how this impacts your quality?
    Do you have a project file for us? It contains the printer and settings we need for troubleshooting. 

To save a project file go to File -> Save project.

I have attached the project file that was sent to the printer. The printer is printing at like 100mm/s on the first layer, which just doesn't stick, and just gets pulled off the printer. Slowing the first layer down to 15mm/s seems to make it stick better, but it was working at the settings in the attached project file.

CE3E3V2_FlexiCura.3mf

Hey @EggFriedCheese,

I took a look and your Cura file looks fine 🤔

What is going wrong? Is the printjob not sticking? 
    Could it have to do with your bed leveling?

No, the bed /extruder is moving significantly faster than the file in cura. I have already flashed the firmware again onto the printer, however, this has made 0 difference in the speed of the print (in that its way too quick, and then pulls the print off the bed)

Than I'm at a loss here 😓

@GregValiant can you see what is going wrong here? 

Hello @MariMakes and @EggFriedCheese

I took the gcode apart with MS Excel and the speeds in the code are what they should be given the settings.  Layer 0 goes down at 20mm/sec, Layer 1 goes down at 21mm/sec, and layer 2 goes down at 23mm/sec.

Through 50,000 lines of code the maximum print speed is 50 and the average print speed is 26.19.So this seems to be a printer issue.  There just aren't any lines in the gcode that would tell the printer to move faster than what the Cura settings seem to be.

Something you can try is to go into Cura "Manage Printers" and "Machine Settings" and near the beginning of your StartUp Gcode add two lines:

M220 S100 ;Reset feed rate to 100%

M221 S100 ;Reset flow rate to 100%

If you tuned a print while it was running, and immediately went to another print, then that "tuned" setting would carry-over to the second print.  Having those lines in the StartUp G-Code insures that a print starts at 100% flow and 100% feed rather than at some other rate.

• Like 1

I will try this Greg and come back with my results!

@GregValiant See video showing the first layer still printing way higher than 20mm/s

Posted (edited) · Issue with Ender 3 and new Sliced files

@EggFriedCheese that speed looks right for 20mm/sec.  That's what the gcode is telling the printer the speed is, and that looks like 20mm/sec to me.

I have altered your gcode file and attached my version here.

These are the changes I made:

• Remove all the heating commands and the purge lines.
    • Remove all extrusions
    • Set the first 3 layers to 5X print speed.
    • Moved the Z up to 10mm and added a G92 to fool the printer into thinking its at 0.2mm.

The printer will Auto-Home, move up 10mm, and then air print at 100mm/sec (minus your Accel setting).

This is what 100mm/sec looks like on that model.

After you have let this run for a minute, abort it from the LCD and turn your printer off and then back on so it forgets about the G92 setting.

GV at 100-Flexy.gcode

Edited by GregValiant