Ender 3 V2 Separates the Print's Walls

Go to solution Solved by Schmordan,

Posted (edited) · Ender 3 V2 Separates the Print's Walls

I don't really know how to describe it, but I'm experiencing an issue where on opposing ends of the print, the walls are being printed further away from each other than normal. I'm a bit new to printing, so please help!

file:

fidgetringedited.3mf

In the inner circle, you can see at the top right and bottom left, the walls separate. The blob is caused by me stopping the print. I'm using an Ender 3 V2 and Cura 5.2.2.

image.thumb.png.144d98932c12c8c49e95ab97f1977d8c.png

Edited by Schmordan

• Schmordan changed the title to Ender 3 V2 Separates the Print's Walls
    Posted · Ender 3 V2 Separates the Print's Walls

@Schmordan that's still a mechanical issue.  Are you sure the X trolley doesn't wiggle and that the hot end is tight?

This project file is with my printer active.  If you open it in Cura be sure to select "Create New" rather than "update".  (You don't want to over-write your own printer.)

My settings aren't a lot different than yours other than being somewhat slower.  Your speed settings don't matter much on small models like this because the "minimum layer time" comes into play.  

GV_fidgetring.3mf

I don't know how to describe it, but before a print starts, the printer extrudes some filament on the right side of the printer and then starts printing. I assume that it's to get the filament going through the nozzle, but when I printed with your settings, it dragged some filament over to the print as well, as you can see in the image above.

I'm really confused. 🫤

9 hours ago, Schmordan said:

I don't know how to describe it, but before a print starts, the printer extrudes some filament on the right side of the printer and then starts printing. I assume that it's to get the filament going through the nozzle, but when I printed with your settings, it dragged some filament over to the print as well, as you can see in the image above.

I'm really confused. 🫤

You might get better support reaching out to the Creality Ender users communities.

But from what I can see from the picture...
    Your nozzle offset from the bed is wrong (its too close)
    You might be having hardware issues with your XY&Z axis as well.

Your nozzle is so close to the bed when printing the brim its barely printed, but this is also causing build up pressure in your hotend.. when it moves to print the model it appears to be starting too high in the air, while also over extruding its built up pressure.

You walls not touching (and being obround) points to motion issues in the XY..

None of the above can be addressed by settings in Cura...

• Like 2

• Solution

I think I've found the issue! For some reason, I've only been checking the y axis belt left and right, but I lifted it up and there was a lot of slack. I'll try printing and update you if it works.

It Worked!

• Like 1

Yep.  Mechanical issue.

BTW You've fallen behind so you'll be expected to work OT tonight.