Cura is Taking Chunks Out of My Model When It's Sliced

Schmordan

Posted · Cura is Taking Chunks Out of My Model When It's Sliced

I'm trying to print an f22 raptor, but when I sliced my model, I saw chunks taken out of the model. I'm printing with 0.15 layer height and scaled the model to 800 %, as the model was shrunk, probably due to a file conversion error made by the person who modelled it.

In this image, you can see the dark grey areas where the model is, and the red part is what is sliced.

image.thumb.png.92055331f7e4b829653f7a3abcda8463.png

the file:f22fdm.stl

Posted · Cura is Taking Chunks Out of My Model When It's Sliced

if the wing is very thin, certain parts near the edges may be thinner than your line width, leading to the slicer excluding them. you should try and reduce line thickness and see if that helps

• Like 1

Posted (edited) · Cura is Taking Chunks Out of My Model When It's Sliced

Hi @Schmordan,

I'll think this model was created in inch, so I'd imported it into F360 and exported it to Cura "Arachne Beta".

Often when slicing this thin models, it's valuable to turn the model in pitch or yaw plane (using 1 degrade resolution) and you'll see very often that the slicer works much better in viewing small details.  Edit: This will also be the position/attitude you have to print the model in.

Here's an example of your model pitched much up, just to fit the platform, but also to see how the slicer act.

It all depend of how this model is to be used. As an object to view or as a model to fly (RC) with?

Here is a picture of the sliced model:

F22_UM2E.thumb.jpg.0adff8474c06a74ed6fe0e361f1cb357.jpg

Oh, sure, -it's a single wall that's need infill and outside support.

Here is one project file using UM2E+ and one stl file with the model pitched nose up:

UM2E_F22.3mfF22.stl

Good luck

Torgeir

Edited by Torgeir
    Added info.