Ender 3-s1 pro nozzle options

JCENFORCER

Posted · Ender 3-s1 pro nozzle options

as you can see my drop down menu for nozzle sizes only has one option. I tried other printers and they had more option. But for some reason my ender 3-s1 pro only has one option. So, I wanted to ask what I'm doing wrong. And I just upgraded to a 0.6 so I'm trying to get a 0.6 option.Screenshot(865).thumb.png.21b542e327fe161f973514895eacc2a2.png

There is no nozzle sizes because the profile was not contributed with another nozzle size.

UltiMaker does not make these profiles they are provided by the community and get included in Cura's updates.
    So the creator of the profile in question never created settings for a 0.6mm nozzle.

• Heart 1

18 hours ago, Dustin said:

There is no nozzle sizes because the profile was not contributed with another nozzle size.

UltiMaker does not make these profiles they are provided by the community and get included in Cura's updates.
    So the creator of the profile in question never created settings for a 0.6mm nozzle.

so do i have to upload my own profile?

Posted (edited) · Ender 3-s1 pro nozzle options

Hi folks.  I was just wandering by when I overheard.

Looking at the S1 Pro definition file versus the regular Ender 3 Pro definition file there only appears to be one difference and that is the Z height.

@JCENFORCER if you install a regular Ender 3 Pro in Cura you can change the name to whatever you want.  Then go to "Settings/Printers/Manage Printers" and then "Machine Settings".  Set the Z(height) to 270.

You should be good to go as the regular Pro has nozzles from .2 to 1.0.

Another option would be to go to the "C:\Program Files\UltiMaker Cura 5.3.1\share\cura\resources\variants\creality" folder and find the "creality_ender3s1pro_0.4.inst.cfg" file.  Open it in a text editor and do a Save As simply changing the .4 to .6.  Inside the file are two lines you need to change.

Below is the entire contents of your 0.4 nozzle file.  You just need to change the Name line and the "machine_nozzle_size" line as shown below.  You could keep doing that (SaveAs and change two lines) and make a whole set of nozzles.  BUT they may be overwritten the next time you update Cura.  The regular Ender 3 Pro nozzles will not as they are included with Cura.

[general]
    definition = creality_ender4
    name = 0.6mm Nozzle
    version = 4

[metadata]
    hardware_type = nozzle
    setting_version = 21
    type = variant

[values]
    machine_nozzle_size = 0.6

As I mentioned, the name for the 0.6 file would be "creality_ender3s1pro_0.6.inst.cfg".

Edited by GregValiant
    • Like 1