Ultimaker S5 - Print bed won't stop heating up

Go to solution Solved by Torgeir,

Posted · Ultimaker S5 - Print bed won't stop heating up

I am a librarian and we offer 3D printing services. We've had an Ultimaker S5 for a few years now, and have recently had this issue. When I turn the system on, the print bed will increasingly get hot and not stop increasing regardless of whatever temperature I set it at in the system settings under print bed on the machine. It's gone as high as 140 degrees, and all without actively being in a printing mode. I believe this caused issues with our print head during a print, causing it to back up and ruin the entire print head.

We are unable to use the S5 system at the moment. Does anyone know if there could be a fault of some sort in the machine? Any assistance appreciated. 

• Solution

Hi @WPLInnovationLab

Welcome in here.

The problem you have is probably a faulty main PCB, and has to be solved by an Ultimaker dealer close to you as your printer need to be repaired.

You may also contact Ultimaker/Makerbot here:

https://support.makerbot.com/s/

Thanks

Torgeir

• Like 1

Yes, Please contact UltiMaker Support directly or your local reseller for help.

UltiMaker does not provide direct support via the Community.