Is copper grease?

geeks

Posted · Is copper grease?

The grease is mostly to prevent corrosion at the point where two different heated metals are touching. I don't think it will do any immediate great harm if its missing, but replacing it would be a good idea.

Ok! :eek:

This is exactly what I thought. I am inquiring to find locally.

Otherwise, I would spend an order very quickly.

I put a link, do you think it would go? :mrgreen:

I would think that would be ok, yes.

Well, I only have to spend a small order :)

Thank you very much for your help Illuminarti. In a few days I could finally resume printing.

I just bought me. I put this grease with copper and I raised impressions. :cool:

It works again. I now have to make one or two cylinder proven all. Then I shall give my work.

I keep my extruder configuration Geeks V2. Ellle not work too bad.

Hello,

I replace the fat with a fat copper used in mechanical industry. Wide operating temperature (-40 ° C to 1000 ° C and more).

I go up the nozzle. I conducted a test extrusion and I arrived in 10mm3 / s easily. I started getting under the extrusion from 10mm3 / s. What is not so bad.

Problem solved. :)

I do not have all of the information, but I thought this copper stuff was a heat transfer compound. I thought is was there to help transfer heat away from the silver cylinder with the perimeter holes into the aluminum frame thus helping keep the teflon piece cool.

The grease probably helps with thermal transfer a bit, but I don't think that's its primary role: it isn't some sort of thermal heatsink compound. The same grease is also used for the three adjusting screws for the bed. Its role is to lubricate the junctions of adjustable parts that get hot - particularly where the junction features different metals that might corrode together over time.

The primary role of the silver cylinder (apart from holding the teflon onto the heater block), is to provide a way to adjust the height of nozzle - so it needs to remain corrosion free and finely adjustable over time.

You beat me to it. I just signed on to say I noticed the copper grease is on the bed bolts and is likely not heat transfer paste, which is usually pretty expensive.

Have you ever removed the bolts on a car wheel, only to find you have to hammer the wheel off because it's stuck to the hub? Two dissimilar metals, as illuminarti points out, can corrode and bond to each other (which is what the aluminum or magnesium wheel is doing to the steel hub).

The copper grease here is an anti-seize compound that reduces/prevents galling, lubricates the joint, and prevents the two metals from seizing to each other. I usually only spec the copper version in more expensive delicate machinery, but it's nice to see it here!