need help trying to make customizable towers with the auto towers generator plugin.

melzein

Posted · need help trying to make customizable towers with the auto towers generator plugin.

hey, so I'm trying to make custom bed level patterns using the ultimaker cura auto towers generator plugin but keep running into an issue. i have already installed openscad and placed it in the specific file that i have made sure to place in the address for openscad path. it was working before but all of a sudden has stopped detecting it. im also putting some pics to help show what I'm dealing with. any help would be great!

Screenshot2023-08-26112007.jpg.42a447dafabec98c4c4cd56fb06a2af6.jpgScreenshot2023-08-26112229.thumb.jpg.9fa7e25330c16c3cfec4f30f9e0c979b.jpg

Posted · need help trying to make customizable towers with the auto towers generator plugin.

Try running Cura as administrator. These days Windows (by default, anyways) requires elevated permissions to do almost anything with folders in Program Files and Program Files (x86), excluding the application's own folder.

10 hours ago, Slashee_the_Cow said:

Try running Cura as administrator. These days Windows (by default, anyways) requires elevated permissions to do almost anything with folders in Program Files and Program Files (x86), excluding the application's own folder.

thanks, i tried that out but still coming up with the same issue. i have also tried putting it in different locations and drives but it still wont detect the file. 

Posted (edited) · need help trying to make customizable towers with the auto towers generator plugin.

Hi @melzein,

This looks all right, did you change to a newer version of Cura recently?

Maybe this tread give you some help in this.

Thanks

Torgeir

Edited by Torgeir
    Additional info:

On 8/26/2023 at 12:25 PM, melzein said:

hey, so I'm trying to make custom bed level patterns using the ultimaker cura auto towers generator plugin but keep running into an issue. i have already installed openscad and placed it in the specific file that i have made sure to place in the address for openscad path. it was working before but all of a sudden has stopped detecting it. im also putting some pics to help show what I'm dealing with. any help would be great!

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble.  For some reason, getting this plugin to talk to OpenSCAD has been a huge challenge that I haven't been able to fix yet.

Would you be able to post your cura.log file?  That may help to figure out the problem.

The path must also include the exe programe Name

C:/Program Files/OpenSCAD/openscad.exe

Sorry for the late reply, to give an update, it randomly started working again out of nowhere. I didnt apply any changes to it nor did i change the path to include the .exe it just started working again :p

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, melzein said:

Sorry for the late reply, to give an update, it randomly started working again out of nowhere. I didnt apply any changes to it nor did i change the path to include the .exe it just started working again 😛

Just another example of universal law #15: the best way to fix a problem is by asking for help with it.