What do you think about Polymakr?

conz

Posted · What do you think about Polymakr?

Hi,

what do you think about the announcement and the kickstarter campaign by Polymakr?

I have nothing to do with them, but I have backed the kickstarter campaign for their filament.

I have searched this forum, but can't find anything about them (or PolyMax).

It sounds to good, to be true. PLA stronger than ABS, but without the downsides of ABS.

Do you think this is believable?

@Xeno, yep, AFAIK it should have the same temp characteristics as other PLA. The printing temperature is the same as for other PLA.

I'm searching for a material to print parts for my quadrocopter. There the temp shouldn't be that big problem.

Normal PLA is to weak and I want to use the printer on my desk. And there I don't want to use ABS.

OT: I'm searching for some dedusting solution (better word?) to use with the UM2 to print ABS in my office.

gr5, thank you for the link.

Not that much information about the materials IMPLA and HIPLA on the page. Do you have some experience with this filament?

How long is (high) impact resistence PLA in the market? Never heard about it before. Are there some downsides with this kind of PLA?

I would like to find a european source for such HIPLA / IMPLA or similar material.

@Xeno, yep, AFAIK it should have the same temp characteristics as other PLA. The printing temperature is the same as for other PLA.

Then this is not such a good ABS replacement :-|

the worst thing about PLA is that if you print something to hold or support something, it will bend after a while, even at summer room temperature.

I'd rather see a PLA like printable material with higher temperature resistance like ABS.

I saw you asked about Polymakar filament a while back I was wondering if you ever tried it out, and if so how was the quality?