Ultimaker S5 Camera stream not viewable

alnavasa
Go to solution Solved by alnavasa,

Posted · Ultimaker S5 Camera stream not viewable

Hi,

I come from a very long time without using my printer, 
I acquired a Ultimaker original and upgraded it to ultimaker plus back around 2013-2014. That I absolutely loved, but never managed to print anything harder than PETG or PLA+

Yesterday I Happened to buy a used ultimaker S5 to get back in the hobby,

I am actually loving the machine, the build quality and the capabilities, (also the machine is huge compared to my other one)

But I am having an issue,

I tried to read forums and tried many things before creating, yet another post about this issue, 

Camera feed,

I can't see the camera feed neither in cura blue camera icon, neither at the local ip of the printer, neither at the iOS ultimaker app or the cloud online digital factory. Printing works perfectly and I even get a notification when print is done (no picture)

Things I have tried,

- Factory reboot

- Multiple reboots

- Both wifi and ethernet connections

Printer is at 192.168.20.97, might it be a subnet issue?

Printer is running 8.2.1

I can see from online pictures that the webcam is a usb cam, should I try to use that cam with my laptop to check integrity?

Ps: Also I don't have a BB core, and it is required for calibration, is there any other workaround? I have AA.4 AA.8 CC.6

9 hours ago, Travis7s said:

I used to get just a black screen for the camera and would fix it by "Cure Conect Reset" in the maintenance menu although I don't recall ever not seeing the blue camera icon.

I can see the camera icon, but when I click there is no image,

Can't find cura connect reset on my S5 machine, I think that reset feature is from 2018-2019 since all I read about that reset is from then, though, I have done a complete factory reset of the machine via the screen menus.

I have connected a Logitech usb camera to the printer, Removing the white usb for the ultimaker PCB from the original camera, and plug-in my Logitech webcam to that USB, The cam works, so it either the original cam that is broken, or the cabling. 

(Ultimaker S5 R1 has all electronics exposed and there is risk of fatality, to do this process first I remove any power connection from the printer, and wait 5 minutes for condensation to offload)

Logitech cam works on my computer via USB,

Ultimaker Camera Via USB to my computer doesn't work, it is recognized as USB 2.0 camera, but doesn't output any video

Any idea where I can buy a "Ultimaker camera V2.0"

Since my machine is used I don't have any representative assigned to me.

You can still buy basically any parts from your local UltiMaker reseller. (even if your not original owner)
    Even if its not listed on their website you can contact them directly for a quote. 
    UltiMaker does not currently sell parts for S series direct to end customer. 

2 hours ago, Dustin said:

You can still buy basically any parts from your local UltiMaker reseller. (even if your not original owner)
    Even if its not listed on their website you can contact them directly for a quote. 
    UltiMaker does not currently sell parts for S series direct to end customer. 

Yeah, coming from the old days it is a little bit harder to understand some stuff, all the accessories are not at the ultimaker site, maybe not for buying, but at least to have a look at the products. I get that the reason for this is to have some better after sales service for business, but for enthusiast, so far I don't like it, will see.

• Solution

New camera fitted, Everything working fine now.