No Thumbnail on creality 3 vs2

SteveBright

Posted · No Thumbnail on creality 3 vs2
On 2/19/2024 at 6:31 AM, PartySausage said:

I modified an existing ender v2 script to work on the s1 pro so this may not work on the v2.

However I've credited the person who wrote the original script in the file header. if you open the file in notepad there's a url in the header to download the original v2 script so you could try that

The v2 in my filename is maybe a bit confusing as that just means it's version 2 of the script which also puts the print date in the preview 

Is there a file for prusaslicer and any step by step instructions on how to do it please

"Is there a file for prusaslicer and any step by step instructions on how to do it please"

Probably not on the Ultimaker site.

24 minutes ago, GregValiant said:

"Is there a file for prusaslicer and any step by step instructions on how to do it please"

Probably not on the Ultimaker site.

I also use cura. Is it easy to do? Any step by step videos or instructions please 

Hi. The script I created was for the E3 S1 Pro & don't think it works on the E3 V2. If you are using an E3 S1 Pro; The instructions for Cura running on Windows are further up the thread. 

https://community.ultimaker.com/topic/44667-no-thumbnail-on-creality-3-vs2/?do=findComment&comment=328530

You can either use the file in that post or the one in the post below that adds some additional print data to the thumbnail when it's displayed on the printer screen

https://community.ultimaker.com/topic/44667-no-thumbnail-on-creality-3-vs2/?do=findComment&comment=330593

Ensure when you add the Post Processor it is the last one in the Post Processor list if you are using any others. Like in the post below

https://community.ultimaker.com/topic/44667-no-thumbnail-on-creality-3-vs2/?do=findComment&comment=331125

2 hours ago, pelapi said:

Can anyone tell me how to instal Thumbnail on chromebook 

Cura is not officially supported on Chromebooks and as such this may not be possible.

On 2/7/2024 at 9:05 PM, PartySausage said:

No problem @PatateFree glad to see its worked you.

If anyone is interested I've modified the script a little & it should now also add the print summary data to the thumbnail preview & display a status message when the gcode is saved.

I've tested it with a few users, hopefully it will work for you

CreateEnder3S1ProThumbnailV2.zip 2.08 kB · 242 downloads

Will this work for the S1 also?

1 hour ago, liep9000 said:

Will this work for the S1 also?

I would suggest testing it yourself. If it doesn't work then all you need to do is delete the script and no harm done whatsoever.

There is a post processor for the e3s1p provided in this  thread at 

I use that script for e3s1p all the time. Instructions for win and osx in posts above the one linked.