S5 second nozzle drags through and destroys first nozzle's prints

Posted · S5 second nozzle drags through and destroys first nozzle's prints

I have a S5, but I'm new to working with it. I'm trying to get both extruders working together so I ran the xy calibration. What happens is the first head puts down a rectangle of material, and then when it comes around for the next pass of material the second nozzle catches what's on the bed and drags it off. The second nozzle appears to start and be in the down position. I've seen it raise it by hitting that little plastic catch on the right hand side before.  It's not so low that it touches the glass but just low enough that it drags through and ruins the print.

Is this a common issue?  Should that nozzle be in the up position but it just isn't for some reason?

Thank you.

Maybe do the manual leveling before doing the xy calibration.  I don't remember if that's mandatory but I think that's probably the problem.

Thank you. I have tried manually leveling several times but I still have this issue. I was thinking of manually leveling but leaving more space by eye. But that seems wrong.

Hi,

is your lift switch (which moves the right nozzle up and down) calibrated properly? This can be checkt by running the lift switch test in the printer. Possibly you've to run the lift switch calibration process.

Regards