Bowden is pushed out of feeder

Posted · Bowden is pushed out of feeder

Hello,

I have a problem with my Ultimaker 3 printer, which has done its job well so far.

For longer print jobs, the Bowden is pushed out of the feeder. (Hotend AA)

I made several attempts, shortened the Bowden and cleaned everything.

However, it keeps happening.

Could it be that the hotend is dirty and has less filament going through?

So far this has happened when printing Ultimaker PETG transparent filament, and I haven't printed any other filament since then.

Does anyone have a tip on how I can solve the problem?

greeting

Klaus

• gr5 changed the title to Bowden is pushed out of feeder

This part of the forum is in English only please.  There is a german and a dutch langauge section.

The clip that holds the bowden in place has 4 tiny razor-blade-like knives.  One or more may be broken.  By now you have scraped the outer part of the bowden a few times.

Do you still have the horse shoe shaped clip?  Remove that, then push down on the collet (outer ring) and with other hand remove bowden.  Then cut off 1-2mm off the end of the bowden so that when you insert it, the knives will be able to touch fresh bowden.

Also consider taking apart the feeder (2 screws - watch instructions on assembly as almost everyone messes up the tension screw).  Remove the bowden collet and look inside at the blades.  If one or two are not sticking into the center as much you can push on those firmly with a tool or buy some new collets.

What types of tubes are you using? The genuine ones from Ultimaker or third party ones? I had the issue a few times with third party tubes that were slightly thinner in the outer diameter. I could fix it with a thicker clip (or probably you can cram in two on top of each other), so the collet is more aggressively gripping the tube. The clips are available as STLs, I just scaled them a little in the Z-direction to make them thicker.