Layer Problem

Posted · Layer Problem

Hello, 

i have a problem with my Ultimaker 2. The Problem is he is printing verry strange, i replaced the temp. sensor and the problem is still the same.
Can anybody please help me?  
The second picture is the first layer. It is very strange that he prints better in the upper part (picture 1)

IMG_5133.jpeg

image.jpg

Posted · Layer Problem

Hi @Nils_007,

Welcome in here.

In your preference I'll see your printer are an UM 2E+, actually the same printer as I have.

This looks a little strange, actually both of your prints.

The last picture looks like the feed are to high and maybe the extruder temp as well?

Under such condition the filaments will spread out very much.

Do you have had any problem having the first layer to stick well to the bed?

Is this something suddenly happen or??     Any strange thing related to your printer might give further info.

If you'll share your Project file with us (go to file (in Cura when your model is present with your settings) then select "Save Project") and attach it here.

Then "someone" may further investigate your problem.

Thanks

Regards

Torgeir

Posted · Layer Problem

Hi @Torgeir

It started with a bad surface and then it got worse. I am printing with 225 degree and 100% pla feed. I will share the file tomorrow. Do you think it could be the heater? The prints stick but sometimes they don’t. But Most of the time they stick.

Regards Nils

IMG_4878.jpeg

Posted · Layer Problem

Hi @Nils_007,

This file ending with "name.ufp" is Ultimakers own gcode file that's include a picture of the model.

A "Project file" will end with the extension "name.3mf".

However, this new picture with your information shows that your white PLA filament has attracted some water. The side walls have a ruffled surface that occurs when the water in the filament changes to steam. This causes small pressure increases inside the nozzle which gives this appearance on the surface of the object.

225 degrees Celsius is "normally" too high a temperature for "normal" PLA.

Normal temperature span for PLA is usually (190 - 210) deg. C.

All thermoplastics absorb more or less water directly from the air, so if you have normal humidity "60%" you should not store your filament in such an environment.

There is lots of information about how to remove humidity from the filament, as like this:

https://www.3dsourced.com/rigid-ink/dry-3d-printer-filament-wet/

Torgeir

Posted · Layer Problem

Posted · Layer Problem

Hi @Torgeir

this should be the right. But i will try to get the pla dry and lower the degre.
    Thank you for the help i will write of the printer is printing normal again. Now i will dry it and make a test print. 

Nils

Posted · Layer Problem

Hi @Torgeir

The first layer with dry pla. It is not the Pla. Maybe the material pusher is broken?

Nils

Posted · Layer Problem

Hi @Torgeir

The first layer with dry pla. Now the print is finished and it looks like this. Should i change the heater cartridge ? IMG_5146.thumb.jpeg.9855f5d54caac75a65fd7f2ccd28c20d.jpegIMG_5145.thumb.jpeg.156ecbb186c1bb95784f2f9c2a126e6c.jpegIMG_5144.thumb.jpeg.002e33d94c1d5ea061ae37ca98ffac22.jpegIMG_5143.thumb.jpeg.8adddae9a203e5b04cc26e74474ea79e.jpeg

Posted · Layer Problem

Hi @Nils_007,

this thing is very strange for an UM2E+...

As I'll know it takes about 8 - 16 hour to get read of moisture from a roll of filament, I'll guess this is a brand new filament?

Before changing anything, let's try some simple test first.

When you install a filament into the bowden tube, we have to wait for the heater to reach the preset value for the PLA filament. When the heater sense temperature value from firmware setting, the feeder start moving the filament, when we hit "ready" the filament feeding speed are increased and slow down to slow speed just before entering the cold end of the nozzle. During this preparing procedure you may see the heater temperature, say this temperature is 210 deg. Celsius.

During this process, the nozzle are feeding filament, the temperature should be very stable and shall keep this temperature within 1 deg. Celsius!  If the temperature jump up and down a high number you may also need to change the temperature sensor (PT-100 a platinum sensor).

If the printer can do this, there is nothing wrong with the temperature control..

Lets see how this go.

Torgeir

Posted · Layer Problem

Hi @Torgeir

The test was good, there was no problem.

The pla was dried at 55 deg. for 3 hours. I will test it friday with new pla. I bought new pla yesterday it will be here by friday. 

Nils

Posted · Layer Problem

Hi @Nils_007,

This are great news, so just awaiting the new PLA to test. If's the same, -then we'll go to next issue the "feeder and related items".

Torgeir

Posted · Layer Problem

Hi @Torgeir,

today the new pla came.

The print looks not good.

NilsIMG_5189.thumb.jpeg.9923dd583bf1a6b6d2f5d52b55ebe2ec.jpegIMG_5190.thumb.jpeg.9d6eef534031f55aa74ef4b51b4fdc66.jpegIMG_5188.thumb.jpeg.9271eac0ebccf36d9612514174b53c5f.jpeg

Posted · Layer Problem

Hi @Torgeir,

I have a other print. I don’t know why its good at first and bad later in the print.

NilsIMG_5195.thumb.jpeg.256e3493c2b81f0bb5b305803398f271.jpegIMG_5194.thumb.jpeg.8e96e3a2d2076a88a3ec881bdfee5b02.jpegIMG_5193.thumb.jpeg.ffc4e9af78b74f6288d7bd7bb671818c.jpegIMG_5192.thumb.jpeg.d92c47019bda6b7d21ec95fdbc9b79c7.jpegIMG_5191.thumb.jpeg.9eb5537ff22e4f54760ba6e8072032de.jpeg

Posted · Layer Problem

Hi @Nils_007,

This is very strange. It looks like the nozzle bed height is way to high, when looking at the "brim layer".

Are your printer modified in any way?

Here is a link to Eirin in "fbcr8", she made this -how to remove an clean the UM2+ feeder type:

https://support.fbrc8.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003853603-Reassembling-the-Ultimaker-2-Ultimaker-3-Feeder

Here are Troubleshooting and Advice as well:

https://support.fbrc8.com/hc/en-us/categories/200330744-Troubleshooting-and-Advice

I've used standard setting in Cura 5.70 and saved it as a project and from this file you can save the gcode file into your sd card for your UM2E+. Here it is: UM2E_Plus_3DBenchy.3mf

However, for UM2E+ I'm using Cura version 4.13.1 (the latest version of Cura using the old slicing engine).

Thanks

Torgeir